1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I really don't know...

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by rainbowskittles, Jun 24, 2015.

1. rainbowskittles

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hey there!

Well, I'll start by telling you a little about myself.

I'm a 14 year old girl, so yes, quite young. I'm really confident, loud, and, well... flamboyant I guess you could say :icon_bigg I'm not really terribly popular in school because I am very over-the-top at times, and I guess that I'm a little too much to handle for some people, and I get that. I am a dancer, and have been for 10 years, so I've grown up around A LOT of gay people, even if I didn't realise they were gay. It sounds cliche but I've always kinda known I was different, I just didn't know how. All throughout my primary school years I was never terribly attracted to boys, and all my friends where going nuts over them. It still happens today, and I feel like I'm kind of left out. I mean, I find boys cute, but I've never really known what a 'crush' feels like. But recently, I've kind of started to notice that I think I like one of my best girl friends, and it's making me feel really weird, like, I don't really think this has happened to me before. Like I don't even know what a crush feels like, so I don't know if I like her as a close friend or something more. I'm feeling reaaaallllyyy confused and starting to think I might be bi. Idk, because I read a lot of stuff saying "A lot of teenagers start to feel sexual attractions towards different sexes," so I feel like I'm telling myself that this will pass, but I don't know if it will. I've told this friend that I've questioned my sexuality before, but I told her I'm not anymore, because I didn't really think I was. I know I can trust this friend, and I want to tell someone, but I feel like I shouldn't yet until I know for sure. Problem is, I don't know if I ever will be sure, so I don't know what to do. I don't even know myself, and I want to talk to someone, but I don't want them to give me a label until I am confident with that label myself. Argggh what should I do?

Thanks guys, really just needed to vent (*hug*)
    Love Eliza
    xx

2. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey,

Welcome to EC. :icon_wink

As you said yourself, you are still young and have plenty of time to figure this out. :slight_smile:

You don't need to label yourself really, not now not ever, if you don't want to. Personally me, when I was 14 I started dating and that's when my journey started. :icon_bigg so basically you are on your path to self discovery. :slight_smile:

Remember we are here to help, good luck.(*hug*)

3. atoadaso

atoadaso Guest

You seem familiar, did I travel back in time & post this?

When I was 13, I started to play around with bi label. It felt strangely reassuring, even though it wasn't quite right, because it was a start. Admitting your attraction to your same gender is a huge step & a relief. Right now you're exploring your identity, which is great! & like MyLittleWorld said, there's no pressure to start labeling yourself as soon as you start to question. (*hug*)