1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Having trouble accepting myself

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Nightdream, Jun 24, 2015.

1. Nightdream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Another thread about me questioning my sexual orientation because I haven't been satisfied with the responses I got, so istead of asking you what do you think I might be, I'll ask you if you had to deal with the issue I'm currently dealing with.

For straight and bisexual people: have misandry or misoginy ever got in your way to accept yourself? How did it affect you and how did you got over it?

Now, for the homosexual and bisexual ones: have homophobia ever got in your way to accept yourself? How did it affect you and how you got over it?

Bisexual folks: internalized biphobia got in your way to accept yourself as a bisexual person? How did it affect you and how you got over it?

That's all.

2. bi2me

I don't know about biphobia, but I was worried about how my husband would react, and I am still working on normalizing bisexuality in my daily life and figuring out what that means for me. You can read more about my story in my blog post.

3. gloomyra

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've had (well, still have, really) wonders about the "authenticity" of my bisexuality. Mainly, because I've heard from other people that it isn't a real thing. And even though I disagree, it's still something that pops into my head from time to time. Making me wonder if I'm a closet lesbian, or a straight girl who's just seen too many women sexualized in movies and magazines.

But, lately I've been feeling more confident in my sexuality. Since I've come out to people and gotten support, it's really helped me to accept myself for who I am. :slight_smile: