1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bi or Pan Emotional?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Unfamous, Jun 25, 2015.

1. Unfamous

My sexuality is confusing.

I am romantically, sexually, and emotionally attracted to some men and male hermaphrodites/androgynous, and only emotionally and visually attracted to women.

I don't really have any physical sex drive. Everything is emotional for me. Which I know that could be demi sexual.

Bi or Pan demisexual?

2. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm confused by your distinction between romantic and emotional attraction. Orientation is generally talked about in terms of sexual orientation and romantic orientation. If you are considering romantic and emotional attraction to be different things, I wouldn't necessarily think of emotional attraction as a part of your orientation.

You sound heteroromantic and heterosexual. If you are romantically attracted to women, that would make you bi/panromantic heterosexual. I am confused by your use of emotional attraction, but supposedly you could also call yourself bi/panemotional.

The difference between bi and pan is pretty vague. Bi means attracted to two or more genders and pan means attracted to all genders. Sometimes pan people use pan to mean they are attracted to people regardless of gender while bi people will factor gender into their attraction, but bi people can be attracted to people regardless of gender as well, and pan people can factor gender into their attraction. Ultimately, it's whatever feels more comfortable for you.

3. Unfamous

I'm not romantically attracted to women, I listed pan/bi because I was thinking about the male intersexed I listed.

Bi means two so that must refer to two genders and pan means everything. There are more than two genders.

I wonder if a pan person could be attracted to agender/androgynous people and males and NOT females?

Sorry that I added females into the equation, didn't mean to confuse.

I don't have attractions that aren't based on gender.

#3 Unfamous, Jun 26, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
  4. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The "bi means two" argument is terribly overused. That is the root of the word. That does not reflect how it is used now. Bisexual means attraction to two or more genders, and saying that "bi means two" doesn't change that.

I don't want to speak for pan people, but my understanding is that to be pan, you must be attracted to all genders. Since you are attracted to more than one gender but not all genders, I would say that you are bi. If you are deadset on your belief that bi means two, you could use the word polysexual (meaning multiple but not all genders) to describe yourself instead.

5. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To be pan you have to be attracted to all genders. Liking intersex people doesn't necessarily make you bi but androgynous might. You might be bi, or maybe poly since you don't like girls romantically.