1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Very intense 'girl crushes'

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by juno14, Jun 28, 2015.

1. juno14

When I was like 13 I was reeeally obsessed with Taylor Swift, like unnaturally much, my entire room was covered with pictures of her and she was basically the only thing I thought/talked about. I didn't want to date her or kiss her though, I just really wanted to be like her and also to be her friend. So basically, I only wanted to do non romantic and non sexual things with her. It was just such an intense obsession that I'm wondering if it could mean I like girls? Would this obsession have been as intense if I was totally straight? I'd be interested if any of you have had 'girl crush' experiences :slight_smile:

2. mmmelody

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Haha I can totally relate. It's happened to me a few times with female celebrities. Looking back, a few times I definitely had actual crushes on them, though I didn't know what to call it at the time.

As to whether your obsession means you like girls, I think it totally depends. The first time I started questioning my sexuality based on a "girl crush" on a celebrity, it scared me because I'd only ever thought of myself as straight. It took me several years to come to terms with the fact that I do kind of like girls.

So basically, I think it means whatever you're comfortable with it meaning.

3. juno14

Thank you, that helps and glad you can relate :lol:

4. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Personally I think that if you have never had romantic or sexual thoughts for a girl then you probably aren't attracted to them. But if you have had either of those feelings, then yes, welcome to the "I Like Girls Club" :slight_smile:

Btw, I love that you love Taylor!

5. juno14

Yeah that's probably right :lol: Thanks dude :grin: Yay, she's awesome right?! Thanks you're so nice :slight_smile:

6. 7Evelzigs7

i totally relate lol i have been obsessed with so many female celebrities (taylor swift, rhianna etc) and never really any male celebs... does this say something about me? XD

7. juno14

Haha awesome same thanks :grin: