1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how can i understand myself?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Groggy, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Groggy

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    hi all, so im 26, male and im beginning to question my orientation.

im not entirely sure how to word this without confusing you (the reader) because im really confused myself, and yet i do not know if i can resolve this on my own.

so first a little about me. im an introvert with an exceptionally small group of friends (less than 10) and most of my friends are male. i have had intimate sexual relations with both of my female friends and that has never been a barrier to our continued friendship.

now the reason i am beginning to question myself is that recently the only thing that has been sexually stimulating for me is penises, more specifically being the receiver in a same sex encounter (im sorry if thats a bit graphic).

the reason this is confusing me is that i dont find men attractive in the slightest, theres no repulsion there i just find the faces to be unattractive the male body to be boring and the personalities unengaging and competitive, whereas women are the opposite i find everything about women to be stimulating (physically and mentally) and yet the thought of sex with a female illicits a kind of "meh" response in me. this despite having 2 long term highly sexually active heterosexual relationships in my adult life.

part of me is thinking that i am bisexual, part of me is thinking that my previous 2 relationships that ended badly have changed my orientation slightly, and another part of me thinks im just "bored" of women and that this is a temporary thing.

do any of you have any insight?

im sorry if its a long ramble imm just spinning round in circles and strangely google has proved uselles at helping me answer these questions.

thanks in advance :confused:

2. GoldStarGirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hmm, I could be way off here but could there be a possibility that you're aroused by the thought of being the receiver (particularly penitration) and not necessarily the man.
    Have you given any thought to your feelings on being penitraited by a woman?
    You say you find women sexually attractive, but the act of sex with a woman doesn't excite you, is that because she wouldn't usually be the 'giver'?

3. The Falcon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    It is confusing... Do not expect an answer from anybody here... We've all had different kind of experiences...

I can see that the thought of turning gay frightens you, but let me assure you: you are not gay. You are you! And you should explore yourself to the deepest, and than survive to tell it all...

I am waiting... Go get them tiger.

4. Groggy

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    i hadnt considered it like that gold star, ive never been penetrated before so maybe.

im pretty sure im not "scared" of being gay, or at least im not aware of being scared. ive always had gay/trans friends, i explored my sexuality when i was in college, and i cant think of anyone of my friends or family who would care if i was. i just really want to understand what i want, it would be unfair if i started dating with reservations about my sexualty only to find out that who i date is not the right one for me.

thankyou for the input though guys it has given me food for thought so to speak.