1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm so confused...

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by unsureofmyself, Jun 28, 2015.

1. unsureofmyself

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi,
    I have always thought of myself as straight but this year, I cannot seem to be able to get rid of this attraction I have to girls as well as guys. I actually seem to have more of a physical attraction to girls but am more emotionally attracted to guys, would only see myself in a relationship with a guy. However, I cannot deny there is a strong attraction there for girls too. I am really confused. A lot of people at school who are my age have already come out as bi and seem confident that they are. But... how do they know? Some days I think I am straight because I see a guy I'm attracted to, but other days it is mainly the girls, so...?? Some days I can walk past a girl, check her out and think she looks REALLY good, in more than a straight person way of thinking. But it's the same with guys. Also, I have a crush on both a guy and a girl right now. Please help, any advice or signs I can look out for to know for sure would be REALLY appreciated!

Thanks heaps!!! :confused:

2. woahthatsboring

You're going to learn from this website that there are A LOT of different types of bisexuality. For example, you mentioned being only physically attracted to girls and emotionally and physically attracted to guys. That's called "heteromantic bisexual", which means you've only like men romantically but I suggest you give it time. It cans be confusing but you've come to the right place :slight_smile:

It does seem like you're romantically into women if you have a crush on one. The way, I knew I was bisexual because I never once questioned my attraction to men because it's always been there. I figured out that instead my eyes were lingering at women bodies then I fell deeply in love with a complete straight girl in one of my classes. I went through the denial stage then I went to being completely honest with myself and I knew deep down this girl wouldn't be the only one and she wasn't the only one. I've liked other women but I focused so much on being straight that I pushed those feelings done. A girl on here once asked me to truthfully answer if I could see myself in happy relationship with a woman and I had to answer yes because it was the truth.

Enough of my sob story :slight_smile: I'm here to ask you the exact same thing. Can you picture yourself in a relationship with the girl you have a crush on right now and fully me happy? If you answer yes, I think that shows a lot. Of course, there's a lot of signs like "if you check out a girl for longer than 4 seconds" etc but those are repetitive. You know your own signs. If you feel like "Wow! I'm attracted to this girl", I think you have the answer. My advice would be to be open to new ideas :slight_smile: because although some knew their sexuality at age 5, others take longer and there's nothing wrong with that but you want to make sure you truly know yourself by allowing yourself to be the real you.

Good luck and post again if you need more clarity or advice:slight_smile:

#2 woahthatsboring, Jun 28, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2015
  3. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sounds like a lot of fluidity to me. Regardless, whatever your orientation turns out to be, as long as you aren't forcing it, Then you're living your life.

4. unsureofmyself

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thanks for being so welcoming! :slight_smile: Now that I think about it, yes, I think I could be very happy in a relationship with the girl I like, just as happy as if I were with a guy. I guess I sort of find that I like people regardless of whether they are male or female. I'm pretty certain I'm not pansexual though, because (no offence intended here, of course) I am not attracted in the same way to a trans or intersex person as I am to a definite male/female, if you can understand what I'm saying. But yes, I definitely like BOTH males and females, just in slightly different ways. I think I would be happy if I were with either the girl or guy I like, to be honest.

---------- Post added 29th Jun 2015 at 05:20 PM ----------

Jax12,
    What did you mean by a lot of fluidity?? Is that good/bad?

Definitely NOT forcing the attraction I have to both genders, I just really like both in different ways. I am happier liking both genders than I would be if I were just trying to stick to one, if you get what I'm saying here. I would sort of feel like I was missing out on something if I restricted myself to either one.

5. Ashleigh16

I completely understand. There's a lot if different meanings to the word bi. It's not a bad thing. You literally describe my feelings and I still questions my sexuality. What's important is just do what's natural. As long as it's legal and not harming anyone then don't worry about details. Just be yourself :slight_smile: there's no one you can be who is better and there's no one who can be a better you :slight_smile:

6. unsureofmyself

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Omg Ashleigh16 you feel the same way?? I feel so much better knowing there are others in similar situations (&&&) thanks for your kind words. They inspire me (*hug*) i think the best thing i will do is what you guys all said, which is just go with how i feel, do what's natural for me. Thanks everyone. You are all so wonderful and kind! :eusa_danc :icon_bigg

7. woahthatsboring

Sounds like bisexuality to me since you're able to have attraction to both guys and girls. Of course, you might not feel the same attraction to each different gender because you're going to notice the difference for sure and same goes for you're going to notice you might have a 60-40 attraction or a 70-30 attraction, etc. it all means the same thing. I went through the same thing too so I understand. I'm glad you're liking EC! I have no problem in helping :slight_smile:

8. unsureofmyself

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thanks! :slight_smile: yeah, I'm starting to think now that I'm bi too, but I'm just gonna wait and see what happens a bit longer before I give myself that label. Thanks for all your help guys! :slight_smile: