1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

confused about being a lesbian or homoflexible

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Ale521, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Ale521

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I feel like I'm not really completely confused about my sexuality but what bothers me is that I can't say for 100% that I'm a lesbian.
    To better explain, I don't see myself married nor dating men, I don't even like reading romantic novels based on straight relationships, I'm the type of girl who loves to read and watch lesbian stories and I feel both sexually and emotionally attracted to women.
    Yet when I see an attractive guy it kind of scares me and makes me question my sexuality like "why do i find him attractive?" keep in mind that I don't want to date him nor have sex. Maybe the reason why I freak out about it is because when I was younger my family would always tell me that I will stop liking girls and start liking men(I'm extremely girly)
    I personally love women, enjoy crushing and having sex with women and I feel like that I don't ever want to stop liking women and the thought of it terrifies me. The thought of being with a guy makes me uncomfortable(wouldnt like it) would that make me a repressed bisexual or at least homoflexible??

2. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

You don't sound even remotely attracted to men at all whatsoever. You can find a man good-looking without desiring sex or romance, and this absolutely does not change your sexuality.

3. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

I know how you feel in a way.. Though I know I am 100% into women I do remember a time when I was scared of my sexuality and where I would get confused if I suddenly saw a decent looking guy.. I legit don't see this often at all and most men are eugh to me but yeah.. I mean compared to the amount of women I drooled internally over when out and about I knew it was nothing to worry about. Trust me I'd rather be dead then lose interest in women myself. Because I see their beauty in every sense it's like heaven on earth! Surrounded by angels!

I'm also very girly. And what makes it harder is I'm exclusively only ever attracted to other cute feminine girls! x

4. LooseMoose

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree with what others said, but I'd like to add that even if you did find yourself homoflexible at some point this should never invalidate your attraction to women.

You can very much find both attractive- one type of attraction should not invalidate the other.
    From what you have said you don't sound attracted to men. However from what you have described it sounds like your parents have implanted the idea in your head that if you find a man attractive it 'makes you straight'- it invalidates your attraction to women.

This is a very dangerous and biphobic/homophobic thinking- because it suggest that being bi negates your same sex attraction.

Even if you find yourself 'a little bit bi', or 'homoflexible' if you are attracted to women and want to have a relationship with them you are still queer, regardless if you also see yourself with a man or not.

I say this, because I struggled with something similar- to me being bi equated with somehow diminishing my 'into women' part & it made me scared that I could be bi, since I never knew 100% if I was attracted to men at all or not- but it does not work that way.