1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

People assuming I'll fancy them...

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Seagypsy, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Seagypsy

I don't like telling people I'm bisexual because often, people will assume I must fancy them!

I don't just mean women, but men too - as soon as they know you fancy one guy, or one girl, they act as if maybe I will fancy them too...? It gets really embarrassing because I only fancy a few people, not many. I feel like saying "No, I don't fancy him because he's a man, I fancy him because he's my type.." But they may not understand that. I don't feel as if my mind divides people into male or female, but into androgynous (in looks OR personality) or non androgynous... Does anyone else feel like this too? :icon_redf

2. Connorcode

Connorcode Guest

When I come out as gay to close male friends, "Oh, so do you fancy me?" is almost always the response. They're half joking and half serious - I'm never sure what to say! Do they want to know if I fancy them (I've certainly fancied a few).

On a more related note, my bi friend says everyone seems to think she wants to have sex with anything that moves. She's lost a friend or two by coming out sadly.