1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DEPRESSED: Afraid of my sexual orientation change?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Samson9099, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Samson9099

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    A few weeks ago, I was doing fine being straight and then few days back I woke up I start to feel different, I start to feel less attracted to women and a bit attracted to men. I'm 16, I've ALWAYS been attracted to ladies, i do admire men at times but not so far deep and it's making me depressed, uncomfortable and I just feel that my ability to be attracted to women is all gone/taken away! I'm really afraid, I just don't feel comfortable calling myself ''gay'' it's just not me I can't feel the same anymore and I hope this is just a phase. I have NOTHING against the LGBT community. I just need help so badly right now and I wouldn't dare to tell anyone.. It's just not me. I'm also having a crush on a girl and this is all affected, I just don't feel the same anymore. It's all destroyed and disrupted.

Johnny smd likes this.
  2. Manitoban

Perhaps you're not gay but bisexual? However you didnt say much about how you feel towards each gender. Is it mere admiration with a single individual or do you see interesting guys and/or girls all over?

How do you feel towards each gender?

3. Samson9099

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Well, I really don't see myself as bisexual.. all this while I'm attracted to woman and girls. I kinda admire a guy to the point I feel like I'm having a crush but in the same time, I try to avoid it, I try not to go far. As for sexual fantasies, no I don't have any sexual fantasies about guys at all. Maybe it's because of my depression that leads me into this kind of thinking, that still doesn't explain about the lost of sexual attractions or sexual interest towards ladies however I'm still appeal or aroused a bit by a v@gina. I have dreams of becoming a father of my own child and have a wife, I bawled my eyes red because of this issue yesterday and the day before.. I just don't like this feeling.

It's new to me, I haven't been in such a state before. I'm here to see if any gays or bisexuals could help me out whether or not if it's just a phase. Time will tell but this is working me out, I can't study well, eat well or get interested in things as easily as I did anymore...

#3 Samson9099, Jul 1, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
  4. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You might be bisexual, I know this might be a scary time for you but you would still be able to have children even if you were gay, via surrogate but is there anything else about your attractions that you haven't mentioned?

5. Samson9099

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I want to be a father of my own blood, as for attractions.. not much. I just find some guys that I'm drawn to but not really attracted or to the point of sexual arousal. If I were to be bisexual I would accept it, but it just don't feel right for me. I don't think that's me at all.

6. Ashleigh16

I know it's all really confusing. So you're attracted some to both so I would say bi. But just what feels natural. Go with your heart. I don't know what you believe but I just know that how God created me is how He wants me and I have to trust that. I know it's confusing. If you want to talk let me know. I feel like I kind of understand. I'm not really sure either. I feel more towards guys but sometimes a girl really catches my eye

7. Samson9099

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    It is really confusing but I don't really like this at all.. Somethings I can accept to lose but not losing the ability to be attracted to ladies. I feel like I've lost everything.

I personally see LGBT as normal and natural but as for my case I just feel no relations to it at all. I could be having some other issues that could be affecting this like depression which I'm known to having in the past.

#7 Samson9099, Jul 1, 2015
  8. Ashleigh16

I think I understand. It's all really hard. Especially if it's a new feeling. I didn't start out feeling this way either. So do you not feel attracted to anyone right now?

9. Samson9099

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Well.. I'm attracted to a girl right now, I have a crush on her since the beginning of the year, before this all happened. Now I can't really say that I'm attracted to this boy, I just feel that I'm drawn to him a bit. At the very beginning of this issue I felt attracted to every guy I see, the day when I have this issue. Which I don't like it at all..

No emotional attraction not really a physical attraction, it's hard to explain but just ''drawn'' Which I don't want to be.

10. Ashleigh16

I know exactly what you mean. There are different levels of attraction. It could be that you're bi but much more attracted to girls. I'm much more attracted to guys but I still consider myself bi because the attraction although not really wanted more because of family acceptance than anything isn't wanted

11. Samson9099

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I just still can't see myself as bi.. I have a huge male pride in me, it's not because of that but the inner me just want to be fully straight.

12. Ashleigh16

I understand. I feel the same way. I've had multiple friends come out and been fine but I have a hang up about being anything but straight myself. I know it's not because I'm homophobic. Heck I might be about to get in a "relationship" with a guy to get his parents off his back about being gay. If he wants that. We semi discussed it but he had his phone taken so idk. Anyway off topic but point is I'm not homophobic I just am scared not to be straight

13. Samson9099

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    How old are you? I'm turning 17 this year, I've heard people going through this phase and got out of it. I too, also afraid of this..

#13 Samson9099, Jul 1, 2015
  14. Ashleigh16

I'll be 17 in September. My only thing is only people I've heard that from are ones that think it's a choice and are homophobic.

15. Samson9099

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Well, a gay wouldn't mind if he's gay, a bisexual wouldn't mind if he's bisexual.. I just want things to go back the same again..

16. Ashleigh16

That's not necessarily true. One of my best friends hates that he is.

And I know. I hate the uncertainty of change.

17. Samson9099

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Does he like women? Sexuality is a complex thing after all..

18. Ashleigh16

No. And he's scared he's going to hell. I'm a christian but I've studied and I know better.

19. Samson9099

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Tell him not to worry, he didn't choose to be gay at all. it's not his choice, I just wish him good luck. As for me, I just hope that this would just all end..

20. Ashleigh16

I'm going to have an hour to talk to him in person tomorrow. That's part of why I'm up. Praying about how to show him. I've done a lot of research over the last 6 months about the bible and homosexuality. I know what I believe just how to explain it.

And I know you do. I do too. It's really hard. My suggestion is just wait and see if there's anything to it and it it lasts.