1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i'm confused and sad (am i bi? lesbian?)

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by sydney18, Jun 30, 2015.

1. sydney18

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I've always thought that I was straight. Like, I didn't think there was even the possibility of me being anything but. But recently (and when I say recently, i mean a couple weeks) I've come to the conclusion that i am definitely not. I know that I'm really attracted to girls and I really want to be with girls.

But I'm not sure about anything else? I don't know if I'm attracted to anyone other than girls?? I am not completely opposed to the idea of being with a guy, but I don't think that i'm typically attracted to them? Like for all of my life I don't think I've ever genuinely been really attracted to a specific guy or guys in general? I'm sure I've been trying to convince myself that I am attracted to them because of some internalized homophobia or something like that, but when I think back I feel like i've been pretending??

And now since I'm really thinking about it in depth, I'm thinking back to all of the times where I've thought something like "wow, i think it would be great to try some sexual stuff out with a girl!!". But I've never really thought about anything like that for guys??? Maybe because I thought it was the norm and that was already implied??

But, I'm not sure if I really feel like that or, since i'm the kind of person where I want answers, I'm like trying to convince myself that I've been pretending just so I can slap a label on myself and be done with it??

I think I prefer women but I would settle for a guy? I feel like saying "I'm gay" feels better than saying "I'm bi"... like it feels more right??? but I'm not sure.

I don't think this made any sense. I'm really confused. Please just give me any advice you can from what you got out of this. I'll answer any questions.

:help::confused2:

2. fxngirl

fxngirl Guest

Just give yourself some time to think it through, don't rush it just because you wanna know right now, it's okay not to know :slight_smile: what you feel toward guys will eventually become more clear at some point.