1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I just making things up?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by willowtree, Jul 2, 2015.

1. willowtree

So, for most of my life, (which isn't saying much--I'm only a sophmore) I never doubted my sexuality. I thought I was straight, like almost every other girl I knew. I've had crushes on a few guys before. About 2 years ago, I had a sexual(ish) dream (not going into details) about one of my friends, who is a girl. Ever since then, I have been very nervous every time I'm around her, and I'm not sure if it's actual attraction or if I'm just making things up. A little while ago(about half a year ago) I started to question my overall sexuality. Am I gay? Am I bisexual? Am I straight, and all of this is made-up fluff in my head? I can't stop thinking about girls - kissing them, being in a relationship with them...I get a weird feeling in my chest when I look at girls I think are cute, but I can't tell if I'm creating the sensation in my head or if it's real. Girls are on my brain 24/7. I've looked back in my past and I can kind of see places where I might have shown some signs of liking girls, but I still can't tell if I'm making this up or if it's real. I know this is mostly something I have to figure out for myself, but I really wanted some help. Not sure if this will do anything, but...
    Guys, I'm just SO CONFUSED!

2. fern

Out Status:
    Some people
    quick question - you mentioned "like almost every other girl i know" and from the whole post it sounds like you're a girl...just want to make sure i'm answering your post properly as your description has gender listed as male.

if you are a girl - it sounds like you might at least be bisexual, if not gay. I want to say that most straight teenage girls don't think about girls 24/7 as you've described and think about kissing them etc...although, i'm not positive because similar to you I thought about girls a lot during my teenage years as well haha. but later in life i started to realize that i was making comments about girls much more often than my straight girl friends and thats when I kind of realized that i'm probably bisexual...

do you have any close friends that you feel comfortable talking about this to?

3. willowtree

Sorry, I forgot to clarify that. Yes, I am a girl, and I do have a few friends that I am comfortable talking to.

4. willowtree

Sorry, I forgot to clarify that. Yes, I am a girl, and I do have a few friends that I am comfortable talking to.

5. benefit25

Your confusion is understandable and it is possible taht you are just living in a time where changes happen and it is okay.. let the thoughts flow freely and that way you will be more clear about how you actually feel about it:slight_smile: if there were no labels... what do you like more? that is all. dont pressure the label, unless that is what is bothering you. and just let yourself explore:slight_smile: