1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bisexuals: have you ever denied your bi identity?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Jax12, Jul 2, 2015.

1. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Have you ever denied your bisexual identity? I came out as gay a while ago, but I'm not getting the sense of freedom that a lot of gays experience when they come out. As a matter of a fact, as my psychologist has pointed out, I've never suppressed or same sex attraction. In addition, I've also been attracted to women which may be why I thought I was straight (or mostly straight).

I know I'm fluid, that's for sure; it's something I could not accept a while ago. I had to be on one side (gay or straight) and did not want to in between. Anyone else know where I'm coming from?

2. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not sure, sweetheart! :frowning2:

I know for my part that once I became aware of my bisexuality and felt safe enough to admit it to others, I have never denied it since. I try to celebrate, not suppress, my sexual affinities. :3

3. BiKate

I guess in a way I denied it up until a few months. I was sexually attracted to females, I knew that, but I just didn't ever acknowledge it or stop to think about it. I just kept saying I was straight. Once I started thinking about it it only took me a couple of weeks to accept it.

Everyones different though. I do understand wanting to just be straight or gay, but it doesn't really matter. You like what you like :slight_smile:

4. Lin1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I guess for a while I tried to convince myself that I was straight but when I accepted that I wasn't, I just embraced it and never looked back. I remember your story though and I know that you chose to came out as gay so that your parents wouldn't convince themselves that you would end up with a woman. So to be honest I really think you should man up and tell your parents that you are bisexual and that you do feel attracted to women but still more to men and that while there is a slight chance that one day you may end up with a woman there is an even bigger one that you'll end up with a man.

So what if they convince themselves that you'll end up with a woman ? Just stick to your guns and live your life the way you would. I find it a shame that you live in fear of falling for a woman and coming out as bi, it must be stressful for you, much more than it would if you were out as your true self.

Sorry if I was a bit blunt but I have seen a couple of your posts and wanted to tell you this for quite some time. Wish you the best either way, I understand you are in a tricky situation. :slight_smile:

5. Confusedgal99

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I denied being bi for about a year and convinced myself I was sraight when I realised I loved my best friend. And then I forgot about it for awhile. But then a few months ago I couldn't fight the feelings I had for her so I just came to terms with it. I haven't come out though and I don't think I will for awhile because I'm still not completely sure about my sexuality but I'm pretty sure I'm bisexual.

6. MetalRice

I denied it for a while, never thought that I could like men too in addition to women or thought that it automatically made me gay or something if I liked men too; I eventually came to accept it through.

7. KJA

KJA

Sad to say I've been in denial most of my life :tears:

Looking to change that :kiss:

8. Tamanofu

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I denied it because I wasnt sure then I met new gay and bi friends at work. After that, I observed myself for a few more months then finally confirmed it ... Felt great :slight_smile:

9. QuecksilverEyes

It took me quite a long time to figure out what was going on with me when it comes to my sexuality. I started thinking I was gay until I had a huge crush on a guy and confused myself even more. When I finally did realise that I'm bisexual, I didn't deny it, it just took me a while to tell other people (or myself in front of a mirror).

10. EpicConfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yep. I had some idea that I was bisexual since I was about 14, but I never felt confident enough in it to actually even admit it to myself. I denied my bisexuality for about a year. (From last year, until very recently) I came out to myself as gay about that time. It's took a while for it to make some sense, and to be honest it still doesn't completely. I had always been attracted to girls, and I had had girlfriends before, but something just didn't feel right. I know now I was also attracted to guys but I just didn't realize it. I thought I was gay because I had a really, really intense crush on a guy I worked with and my desire for women just went away mostly after that. I didn't have a lot to begin with. Now I've figured out I'm still attracted to girls sexually, but I'm attracted to men romantically and sexually. Romantic attraction is way more important to me than sexual attraction in a relationship, plus I'm submissive so I'm only interested in guys.

It's complicated, and subject to change. I would much rather be 100% gay, but I can't change who I am unfortunately. I don't want to be attracted to girls, but I can't help it. All I know is that I'm only interested in guys, so for now I doesn't matter I told everyone I'm out to I'm gay because as far as I'm concerned that's what feels right to me. It's just easier to say I'm gay than explain that whole complicated thing.