1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I hate when people separate bisexuality

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by xxaquaxx, Jul 3, 2015.

1. xxaquaxx

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    And say they're sexually attracted to one and romantically to another. For example, Whenever someone says they're sexually attracted to women but romantically to men, it's like they've been conditioned to see women as sexual objects and not capable of "falling in love" with one.

2. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I guess it doesn't bother me when people relate their own experiences. I may not love that they experience this...but if they do, I don't mind that they tell their truth.

I also don't see that it necessarily implies sexual objectification. I am sexually attracted to Keira Knightly, but not romantically attracted to her...precisely because I think of her as a person, and I don't know that person.

3. awesomeyodais

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It just means they're going to have even more of a hard time finding someone, if not impossible... :frowning2:

4. gloomyra

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I know what you mean, the first time I heard that I felt confused... That being said, I have trouble understanding why gay and straight people can only love one sex. But I don't judge, I just can't understand it myself.

I often find myself physically attracted to women, but the one person I feel like I've been close to loving is a man. So I try not to limit myself anymore.

5. BiKate

I have two friends like that. They aren't missing anything from men but I think they just like sex in general, no matter who it's with.

I used to think I was just sexually attracted to girls, but personally I still labelled myself as straight, until I really thought about it and realized I could date a woman and fall in love with one..

I think it's their business. But I feel it does help Bi erasure in a way, makes it look like just a phase to people. And they need to be careful to not get in any sort of relationship with a girl who IS romantically into other girls, if they're just planning on using her. I guess I just don't get the point of saying their bi. Why not just say you're straight to avoid confusion, and let be known to future boyfriends that you're open to threesomes with another girl(Since that's usually the case when I've seen girls like this)

6. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Idk it's not really their fault. Like, I think there's a big difference between being sexually attracted to someone w/o romantic feelings and objectifying her.

7. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I mean I wouldn't really say that's really what being bi is. I'd call that person heterosexual homoromantic or vice versa, though it's the individual's job to label themself, not mine. I personally do not have the same romantic orientation as sexual orientation. That's a totally valid thing. The people you're talking about just happen to have unfortunately contradictory orientations.

Would you have the same problem with someone who was romantically attracted to women and sexually attracted to men? That's very unlikely to be someone who was conditioned to see men as sexual objects, because that really doesn't happen.

8. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    I am like that^ to an extent at least.

I'm sorry that you hate me, that must be really hard for you.