1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I Bisexual or Pansexual? T__T

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by XxSunXDragonxX, Jul 6, 2015.

1. XxSunXDragonxX

Okay, so here's the deal. I'm physically attracted to both males, and females. I believe I am Bisexual. Pansexuals are said to be "genderblind" and genitalia doesn't make a difference. It's all about personality. They can be attracted to all genders, including non-binary, because of that. For lots of people, physical attraction comes first and then personality attraction. That's with me. I can be attracted to transgender and genderqueer people. To me, gender doesn't matter since I'm attracted to both. I don't look at gender as being nonexistent in a relationship. If I'm with MtF transgender for example, I'll treat them like the girl they are, even if they still have a penis. Again, it doesn't matter 'cause I'm attracted to both sexes anyway. :icon_conf

So I still think I'm bisexual, but labels are so freakin' confusing. :confused:

What do you think? I'm kind of sure but not super sure. :help:

P.S. Sorry to all the pansexuals out there If my description wasn't accurate. There's so many jumbled up definitions on the internet, so it's hard to tell which one is correct. :eusa_doh:

2. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Labels are confusing, for sure. I've always had the mentality that someone's personality was far more important than their genitilia. I've been attracted to transgenders as well, but I'm not sure if I'm genderblind or not.

Can't help you much there, because I'm asking myself the same thing.

3. Lyana

I kind of dislike the "It's all about personality" thing. It implies pansexuals don't care about physical attractiveness, which I doubt is true. It also implies bisexual, gay, and lesbian people aren't capable of being attracted to someone's personality -- which, again, is untrue.
    Pansexual is, to me, just a way of saying that I can be attracted to people of any gender and sex. I also identify as bisexual.

Pick the label you're comfortable with, if you feel it accurately defines your orientation. :slight_smile:

4. XxSunXDragonxX

I'm just gonna keep thinking I'm bi I guess. :confused: Biologically, people are male or female. I'm not denying non-binary genders. When you think you're a woman you're a woman. When you think you're a man you're a man. If you think you have no gender then you have no gender. I THINK about biological gender, but it doesn't really matter.

So, as you say, pansexuals are in fact capable of physical attraction. What kind of physical attraction is it? I'm a virgin, so I find someone's body attractive, but I don't think about genitalia that much right now. I know that I'm also not into watching two people have sex. If I do in a movie, I'm not really turned on at all.

I think about two people making out and rubbing against each other, but I never think of genitalia. Is it normal to not think of genitalia at my age? :eusa_doh:

First time sharing what I think about on the internet. Awkward. :icon_redf

5. PlatypusBear

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Yeah man thats totally normal! I thought i was only attracted to males, but was never comfortable doing anything more than kissing/hand holding/basic stuff. all it means is that your not ready for that stage yet, and by waiting till you know you want it, youll be doing yourself a favor. I didnt have my first sexual experience till i was 19 and had been in the military over a 1yr and half. honestly i just wasnt interested in all that stuff.

So dont rush and just be open to yourself! You seem like you have a smart head on your shoulders, do not get pressured into labels because someone else wants a way to categorize you! itll probably move around a bit anyways as you get out of high school. Best of luck to yah!

6. XxSunXDragonxX

I'll probably stick to calling myself bisexual, since I know I'm attracted to males and females. Later on when I actually have a sexual experience with someone of a non-binary gender, then that might change.

There's this one celebrity that looks like an Amazonian woman. She was originally born a dude, but had a sex change. Technically, now she is female. I think she's attractive, but when I think of the same person with a penis, I don't feel the same level of attractiveness. Hmm...I'm not really attracted to butch lesbians either. :confused: I'm over thinking too much. Labels make me do that. :bang:

7. Lyana

Hey, don't worry SunDragon, not awkward at all.
    "What kind of physical attraction is it?" Well... the same as everybody else, I suppose. I'm attracted to people I think are hot. As an example taken from Chit-Chat, I find Ruby Rose hot. I don't need to see her genitalia or even the skin on her arms to know I find her hot.

Watching people have sex on a screen isn't really my thing, either. At your age, it made me pretty uncomfortable. And I didn't fantasize about genitalia, either.
    Really, you're normal. Don't worry. You're fine. It's fine to think about genitalia, it's fine not to.

8. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Hi, I know you didn't mean any harm by this. But this is a forum for LGBTQIAP+ people. Intersex people are not only male or female biologically.

And on the topic, Lyana said it best, choose the label you feel most comfortable with!

9. XxSunXDragonxX

Agh, I feel like such a hypocrite now. :icon_sad: Can you not edit a post after a certain amount of time? It won't let me do anything. :confused2:

P.S. I am comfortable being labeled as bisexual. Pansexual doesn't really feel right to me. Thank you all for replying to my thread. ^^'

#9 XxSunXDragonxX, Jul 6, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2015
  10. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Don't feel like that, I was nervous it might make you feel like that, I just wanted to point it out!

You seem really great to me, and have a hug (*hug*) and a kiss :kiss:

11. siriuslypadfoot

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Personally, I see bisexual people as attracted to two genders (whether those genders are male/female or some other combination) and pansexual people as attracted to all genders. People have different definitions of labels and it's up to you what label you chose. I've had people who id as bi tell me about their sexuality, and, to me, it sounds more like they're pan, but it's really not my place to tell them they are wrong in their identity, so I don't say anything becaue they have a right to their own defintion and get to label themselves as whatever they feel comfortable with.

If bi is what you feel comfortable with, then you're bi.

When I was sixteen I was just figuring out that I was also attracted to women, so I thought I was bi, and then I saw nb people were a thing, and I started iding as nb and pan, and after having sex with a penis and vagina owner (separately), I figured out I was really only attracted to people with vaginas. There's a chance your sexuality is going to change (not as in this being a phase, but you'll have more experiences the older you get and you'll have more opportunities to fine tune it) and you'll have a want to relabel yourself, and that's okay too. This stuff is tricky to figure out.

12. TobaccoFlower

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It is not true. Physical attractiveness IS important, however, there is usually less of a set type that pansexual people, as per the territory, aren't always attracted to, physically. You just can't have a set, hard "type" and still be pan, it's probably been done, but as a rule of thumb it's not logically feasible most of the time.

I choose pansexual, though, because for me, personality IS the most important part, and physical attractiveness comes second. I can be attracted to a great number of different types of bodies and genders, but I have a fairly set "type" when it comes to personalities in people I am not already close with:thumbsup:.

13. Invidia

Invidia Guest

^let's not get into label wars here. Labels are general things. What it means to you is not the same as what it means to everybody else.

I id as pan and still there are certain things I find unattractice and certain things I find especially attractive. More the general picture is "I don't care very much".

14. XxSunXDragonxX

I just got your profile picture. Haha...genius.

15. Invidia

Invidia Guest

thank you