1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I told my Bf that i am Bi

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Monak, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Monak

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    My bf is very old fashioned i told him that i am attracted to girls to and he is depressing, and i really feel overwhelmed i dont know if i still want to be with him i kinda lost myself somehow. And i dont know what to do next ? We are in serious relationship for more than one year... I need advice please

2. Monak

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Any advice would help

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Do you live with your boyfriend? If you don't, it might be worthwhile to give yourselves some space to find ways to work towards a common ground as it were. From the sounds of it, he probably didn't expect your coming out and if your boyfriend is old fashioned, he might need some time to understand it, and come around to it.

That said, and given how you are feeling about your relationship with him at the moment, have you tried speaking with someone about where you are at right now, and your own feelings?

4. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Like Mirko said^, talking to someone can be a really good idea!

I think you should also think about what kind of response you want from your bf. If he doesn't accept you even in time, can you live with that or not?

Also, how did you think when you said you're not sure if you want to be with him?

5. Monak

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Since i told him we are fighting all thr time, we use to fight often before to because he is very jealous person with no need to be. Btw there is noone i could talk too abt this that could give me advice... And one more thing i have..... and started to talk with girls and now i am even more confused :/ i sound like confused teenager lol and any advice would be helpful :slight_smile:

6. SpaceButtercup

As someone who is bi also and in a relationship with someone, my advice would be to keep communication open with him, let him know you want to work things out (if that's what you truly want in your heart). Show him he can trust you and that you are the same person you always were. Having a dating app (if I can assume that's what you are referring to), might complicate things. If you are open and trusting it will give him more room to realize he has no reason to be jealous.

On the flip side, if you are starting to realize you want to date girls more than guys. It might be time to give your own preference some serious thought. If this is the case, you need to do what is best for you, because ultimately, if you are happier that way, he will be too eventually.

I hope this helps a little.

7. Monak

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    The thing is that he never really trusted me no matter how much i comfort him.

And yes i really want to date girls but i cant broke up with him but those two things cant go together:frowning2:

8. KittKatt

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It sounds like you need to take a break for a couple of days. I don't want to offend you but, it sounds like you are getting stressed out by the discovery and even more stressed about his reaction to you coming out to him, and emotional over the relationship.

It sounds to me like the relationship is not working for you anymore. Im not saying people that argue shouldn't date anymore, but with the constant arguing and your statement about him not ever trusting you? It sounds like a rocky basis for a relationship to begin with.

My advice would be, take a few days. Dont talk to him, leave the app alone, and just really think about you. What you want and who you want to be with right now.

It sounds like you have made a huge discovery about yourself and you need to take some time to think about what is best for you.

After all, if you really are as miserable as you sound, your relationship with your bf isn't working anymore.

9. Hachi

It sounds like you may want to do some serious thinking about this relationship. Considering that you guys "are fighting all the time" and you are already talking to girls on a dating app...it might be a good idea for you guys to think about a break or something.

What else can you tell us about "wanting to date girls"? Like, in your lifetime? Or right now? Just curious.

10. SpaceButtercup

Exactly what KittKatt and Hachi said. Also, trust is fundamental in a relationship. If you don't feel trusted I'm sure it feels pretty bad.

If I were you, and I've been in a similar situation, I'd go somewhere I could think and feel safe, like a park or the library and just relax. Sometimes being physically away from the situation helps you to think clearly. Or write? Do you like to write?

11. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! First off, please do not mention dating apps on EC. :slight_smile:

You mentioned a couple of things that should give you some pause, and it would be worth your time to reflect upon:

To be honest, this doesn't sound like a healthy relationship to me. To be sure, every relationship has its ups and downs and there will be the odd fight, but if you are fighting often and now all the time, there is a problem that needs to be addressed. Secondly, relationships have to be built on mutual trust. If he doesn't trust you, where does this leave you then?

Given everything you have said about your relationship and your desire to date girls and the fact that you have already started talking with other girls, while still being in the relationship, what kind of future do you see for your relationship with him? Something to really think about and to talk with someone at greater length and depth.

12. Monak

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thank you for your support
    It is so stressful for me right now... i am putting my self on distance from him a little because I need to know what I want...

But it is very hard, he is making it even harder for me he live close by and he keep calling and texting..Last night i went outside with him he was drunk and totally out of control, he wouldn't seem to listen or follow what I am saying and than he started to act like nothing happed, i feel so humiliated and I don't know how i feel anymore its crazy

#12 Monak, Jul 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2015
  13. Monak

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    And i am scared if we broke up that he would do somthing to hurt me or himself...