1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pretty sure bisexual but doubting? Any advice?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by TempDeMaDiscord, Jul 7, 2015.

1. TempDeMaDiscord

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So I am a female and identify as such. Anyways, I've had this weird relationship with relationships. I'm not sexually attracted to most people because I usually will "fall in love with my head" first. I can notice that people are attractive but I don't normally think of anyone as a potential bf/ gf until I know them a bit. The wildcard here is that I really didn't have any attraction to much of anyone until I was 18, or so I thought. I am a typical first child and I spent my high school years at catholic school so anything not straight was frowned upon and I never really learned anything about anything not straight. I also wasn't particularly attracted in most boys I met, moreso Just wanted to be friends. I definitely remember wanting more "fulfilling" relationships with girls but I thought then that I just wanted a best friend. Didn't really start to realize that what I thought was the desire for a really good friendship was actually what most people call a crush until I met my boyfriend (of two years) and I felt the same way. But that's not when it hit me that I may be bisexual, it was at my first year of college.

I developed a crush on my female roommate. I just wanted to be around her and talk with her and be close to her and essentially be her gf. I also could imagine myself doing sexual acts with her. And that's when I started severely doubting my apparent straightness. I always looked at girls more than I looked at guys, but I found both super attractive. I just thought that all people did this since I never really knew any better (thank god for my bf who told me in fact that not everybody does for all genders). One night, while my bf, my roommates, and my roommate's friend got shitfaced on cheap liquor. Now, I'd already fantasized about kissing my roommate and a lot more but that night we actually did. But (like all drunk girl stories) we kissed, but only pecks because I did not want to go any further. I am in a committed relationship for god's sake. But I wanted so much more and I thankfully restrained myself even when she didn't. She was/ is unapologetically straight to my knowledge. But this is when I REALLY started to question because I liked kissing her and I wanted to do more with her, but as far as I knew I was straight!

I started to analyze every aspect of my personal relationships. Females v males and so on. And I'm still analyzing to this day! I have no bisexual people with whom to speak and my family is not remotely supportive of bisexual/ gay/ lesbians/ etc. But I keep finding myself within the last year becoming increasingly attracted to girls. I won't ever leave my bf but it's still so scary to think that your whole identity has either been a lie or that you're shifting or lying to yourself. I've never had sex with a girl but almost every sex dream I've had is with women that I've barely known or women that I'm in a very intense dream-relationship with. I find the female body beautiful and also could see myself being with a woman. I know by every definition this would make me bisexual, but I can't help feeling like I'm just lying to myself. I've never had sex with a woman and I've only really started finding my sexuality out about a year and a half ago. I want to talk about beautiful girls and beautiful guys and there's no one that understands around me. Some days I'll be watching something on tv, see a gorgeous woman and say to myself "yep not 100% straight" but then I'll see the same woman and not feel the same and then I start to doubt again.

I don't really know what to ask, but do you guys have any helpful advice? What was it like for you guys if you'be ever doubted your sexuality on an almost daily basis?

2. person peoples

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi, I know you sound confused... I was too, but then I realized that I shouldn't rush to label everything about me. I just noticed that I liked some girls (not all) and some boys (same not all) so I went with that. I date both men and women but I don't like to label myself as "bisexual" or anything like that I just prefer to relax and live my life and go where ever my romantic impulses lead me. I'm only telling you my experience so that you can hopefully build off it, because my point is that I was never happy when I over thought everything. Don't think of your sexuality as all or nothing.

Okay so I know I'm getting WAY off track I just type what I think so last thought:
    stop thinking about if your 50% liking women 50% liking men or 60% 40% or 99% 1% just look around and find someone and enjoy your time with them.

Hope this advise helps :slight_smile:

#2 person peoples, Jul 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2015
  3. AmIBisexual

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    From your description and what I know about sexuality, you seem most probably bi or pan. At the moment, we are in the situation. Except, your overall life experience is greater because I haven't yet been to college :slight_smile:
    So, I never thought I was anything but straight until a little while ago when I began to notice myself having little celebrity crushes on women. I went into a crazy panic and re-examined every friendship with a female in my life. I was in Singapore on vacation for a week, I would spend the entire day noticing both attractive guys and attractive girls but only being attracted to the guys. Then, at the end of the day I would see some girl and be hopelessly attracted to her. It confused the hell out of me. After a while I made the decision to just go about like I was straight, telling people I was straight until I found myself with a actual, proper crush on a female. But that didn't work, because it just made me feel uncomfortable all the time. Then I realized this: right now, I don't know my sexuality. I know I'm not lesbian, but I might be bi or pan. And that's okay. So if anyone ever asks me, I can just say "Well, you know, I'm not sure." And that's okay. You don't always have to know these things. It's okay to be a little confused right now. At some point, pretty soon, I'll figure it out. And so will you