1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ever Had This Happen To You?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Open Arms, Jul 9, 2015.

1. Open Arms

Open Arms Guest

I had a very close relationship with a woman for about 5 years which was both romantic and sexual. I broke it off due to feeling at the time that sex outside of marriage was wrong. She became very mean towards me, even abusive, as a result which shocked and hurt me deeply. This person who I thought had loved me so much turned on me in every way imagineable.

The result was I could not orgasm at all for just over a year. I had never had this problem while masturbating ever before.

I even asked my Dr about it, but there was nothing physically wrong. It was all emotional... feeling rejected by someone, I think. I was totally blocked.

It was a strange feeling, never knowing if my "sexual feeling" would ever come back again. It did after about 14 months.

Have any of you had this experience?

2. bi2me

I've had ups and downs due to emotional issues. I think a lot of people have. It's one of the reasons people often suggest counseling when they are questioning if they might be asexual.

3. Open Arms

Open Arms Guest

I've never questioned whether I'm asexual. I think I was so traumatized by how
    hateful my former best friend/partner reacted towards me that my body shut down.

4. bi2me

I understood that you weren't questioning that. I was just saying that emotional issues can certainly cause your body to react with low/no desire for a period of time.