1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pansexuality?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by seahawksfan6, Jul 9, 2015.

1. seahawksfan6

Would any pansexual person please describe what being pan means to you? :slight_smile:

I think this label fits me best. I spent a long time wondering if I was a lesbian or not but I'm not sure. I'm slowly starting to realize that I'm not sexually or even physically attracted to people at first glance. It seems like every person I've had a crush on was completely irrelevant to their gender. Like the guy I like right now is physically attractive and I'm mentally attracted to him but it has nothing to do with the fact that he is a guy. He's just cute and I like his personality. I could say the same about a girl or a non-binary person if that was the case.

Does this sound like pansexuality? I'm not really into labels I'm just curious.

2. Cider

I'm not pansexual, so I can't give a description on what bisexuality sounds to me, but what you described sounds pretty much exactly like what pansexuality sounds like to me.

3. Lyana

Hey seahawksfan6. :slight_smile: If you think the label fits you and you feel comfortable with it, take it, wear it, and make it yours.
    To answer your question -- to me, it means that I can be attracted to, fall in love with, and have relationships with people of any gender. So yes, it does sound like you're pan, if you identify that way.

4. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    For me it means I can be sexually attracted to anybody regardless of gender, sexual orientation, etc. So I'm pansexual.

I'm not sure whether I'm panromantic though. Even before I was out as not cis-hetero, my crushes on guys were rather stronger than those of girls...
    I know I could be romantically with guys (trans or cis don't matter of course), but I'm not as sure with girls or non-binaries.

But I just say pan for now. Saves space. And just writing pansexual makes me feel like I'm missing the romance part...

So yeah, in summary: For me, it's sexual attraction to anyone regardless of gender etc. etc.

:slight_smile:

As Lyana said ^if you feel like it fits you, then wear it if you wish!

xx

5. Abdadhie

Long story shot it means you couldn't give a damn about gender. Its not like bi-sexual, where you're only attracted to men and women but its where you are attracted to every or any gender!!!

To me, if someone is nice/my type I'm attracted to them. Whats in their pants and what they identify with really doesn't matter (Although I do lean towards guys)!!!