1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questioning Lesbian?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by wildrose, Jul 10, 2015.

1. wildrose

Please help! I'm very uncomfortable talking about my sexuality.. I always have been. I'm new to this site so I think writing this out to others I don't know is easier for me. For the past two years I've considered myself pansexual. But for a couple of months now I'm questioning if I'm actually a lesbian. I'm very confused because I'm not attracted to guys emotionally (I never have been) and physically its just been a mess. I know this is vague information but what was some processes it took to discover you're true sexuality? I've always liked girls I know that for a fact but I'm just very confused!

2. internetperson

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well sexuality is a fluid so it can change over time a lot. I understand where you're coming from though. I used to think for a long time that I liked girls and guys, but now I really only find attraction to girls. When ever I went to the store, or some place with a lot of people, only girls seemed to catch my eye and still do. I suggest going a lot of places with people in it and explore your thoughts when you see someone cute, whether it's a guy or a girl. Before I went to sleep, I used to imagine me in a relationship with a guy, and then a girl. I can only see myself with a girl. I see every night if my emotions change and they never do. But really, time is the most important thing in figuring this out. Just don't be afraid to explore your thoughts. I hoped I helped a little bit :slight_smile:

3. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    internetperson had some very good advice^

Okay, what I like to do is to check my certainties and explore my uncertainties.

So, you say you are only attracted to girls romantically? That would make you homoromantic. (I'm not advising you to label yourself too quickly... just something to think about!)

Next you say you're unsure about sexual attractions? Well, mental experiments could work. For example, if you imagine kissing with a guy, how does that feel? If you imagine kissing with a girl, how does that feel? If you want to imagine for example sex, you can do that also if that works for you. (And you don't have to answer this (though you may), I just mean you can ask yourself this.)

It could be that you like guys a little bit sexually, in which case "homoflexible", "lesbian but flexible" or so would be appropriate, or if you still simply want to call yourself lesbian that's perfectly okay, too, of course.

You seem to gravitate toward women. My best advice I can give, really, is time will tell.

Hope that helps :slight_smile: