1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it weird for a guy to shave his legs? Any tips for doing so?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by EpicConfusion, Jul 11, 2015.

1. EpicConfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Like the title, how do you think people will react? I hate my body hair more than anything. It's horrible and itchy. I already shave my pubic hair, my armpits, around my erm... butt hole (Sorry for TMI) and the top of my feet. (Weird, I know, but it's itchy when I wear socks.) I think I must have very sensitive hair follicles or something strange as that sounds, because my clothing (Especially tight clothing like socks and the underwear I like) Irritate my hair follicles and they itch INSANELY. Every single hair! It would make me tons more comfortable, but are legs going too far for a guy? Arms?

I'm fairly hairy, I have quite a bit on my butt and legs. My butt is really hard to get to. I started shaving my legs and got to about shorts length, but it takes me a ridiculous amount of time, like maybe about 30-45 mins at least, for only that much. How can I reach those hard to get areas? How can I shave faster effectively?

2. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    It is not weird at all. If people have opinions that it makes you less of a man somehow, screw those opinions! Just do what makes you feel comfortable.

I just wanted to say that. I'm afraid I can't contribute with tips on how to do it etc, I have little body hair myself for a biomale.

3. Thessa Blossom

In the past I shaved my body only in winter so that nobody can see it and judge me.
    I shaved this week, it was the hottest week this year so far and nobody said anything and what they think is their problem.

So I can only suggest, do as you like!

Shaving/or using depilatory cream for my legs, breast, arms is quit easy and quick but my back is problematic.
    For distributing the creme and also removal I use this:

[​IMG]

Now that I want to become more and more hairless, I think about laser and electro epilation for the gray ones.

#3 Thessa Blossom, Jul 11, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2015
  4. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Oh and also: To mods: Thread belongs under Physical and Sexual Health.

5. Van

Van

Not weird at all. Although, I think it'd be better if you wax.

6. internetperson

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Nah that's not weird. In the shower if I put soap on my legs before I shave, a lot more hair comes off and glides easier. When I started out shaving I used an electric razor thing you could plug into the wall that worked really well too :slight_smile:

7. CodeForLife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I find it to be kind of interesting (it throws me off a little) when I see guys that have shaved their legs. I've seen both straight and gay guys who shave their legs, so it's not like you can draw any hard conclusions about someone because of this. I know cyclists and swimmers specifically also do this, so if it pleases you, go for it. If people ask about it, you can always just say you want to stay cooler :wink:.

It comes down to personal preference though. From a leg standpoint, I personally prefer men with hairy legs. For whatever reason, most likely due to my genetics since my uncles are very similar to this, I am less hairy in some spots, like my arms and chest. I guess I might have hair envy :grin:.

8. SubZero

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It's not weird at all. I don't shave my legs but I trim them sometimes with a pair of scissors just to thin it out. I mean...I have REALLY hair legs and if I didn't do anything, I'd look like a gorilla down there. I workout at the gym and I noticed that a lot of guys there have little to no leg hair so it's not strange at all.

I'd recommend trimming than actually shaving them completely, but that's just my opinion. Do what you're comfortable with.

9. Im Hazel

I think it's weirder when people don't, when it's blazing heat... Like, just do it!

10. sartorious

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

lol i feel the same way. I really like men with body hairs, well groomed of course.

instead of shaving i'd prefer trimming tho, it saves me from the agony when they start coming back especially down there. But naturally i have none to few body hair elsewhere (clean arm, chest, abs and few hair on legs) so i almost never shave nor trim that area

And to answer the question, no i dont think its weird at all.

11. CodeForLife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah, I definitely think trimming is more comfortable than shaving and I prefer how it looks, too.

12. i see a lot of guys in the gym that shave their legs. they think that it looks better and shoes off their muscles better. its personal preference. i do not think that anyone will mind. most of those guys are "straight" i am sure. so just do what you think works for your body.

13. EpicConfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well I did it. It only took me about an hour in the shower and half a can of shaving cream, but I got it. My legs are cut up to shit now though. I'm terrible at this... At least from now on it will be a lot easier as I'll only be trimming basically and I won't have to shave inch long hairs. It looks and feels so much better now I love it :grin: