1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I'm Pan

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by DAXIII, Jul 11, 2015.

1. DAXIII

Call it a feeling but I had a sort of epiphany today that I am Pansexual. I never really distinguished between guys or girls before, and I always feel in love with the personalities or the way people were on the inside. The more I read about it the more sense it makes to me. I rolled with guys for so long but I never felt "gay". Straight and bisexual don't feel right either. But calling myself Pansexual just feels right, calming in a sense. Maybe it just took me until now to realize it.

Can you guys help me understand this further just to be sure I'm getting this right?

2. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    If what the feeling you described above is genuine that sounds like pansexulity to me :slight_smile:
    Or at least, panromantic.

Are you sure that you're sexually attracted to women, binary trans people and non-binary trans people sexually? That's a good question to consider :slight_smile:

Any questions you have, fire away.

3. DAXIII

It is. I'm surprisingly open when it comes to people. I've dated a trans guy before (female to male), although it didn't work out because I was never it's about dating someone else. But he was very nice and I didn't mind at all. Now I'm noticing women in another way than before, but I'm still into men (just not traditionally handsome guys). But I spent a lot of time fighting that feeling for women because I stuck with guys so long that when these feelings came up I tried to stuff them. Maybe they were inside me all this time. I mean I even found Caitlyn Jenner to be beautiful, and (don't laugh) but I fell for Jasper on Steven Universe.

Now that it's out I feel calm inside. Like I'm not fighting myself anymore.

4. Invidia

Invidia Guest

I'm so happy for you! (*hug*)

5. DAXIII

I have questions though. Is it frustrating not being able to distinguish between a gender you are attracted to and one that you are not. Like if you're gay you know where you stand.

6. Invidia

Invidia Guest

No, I wouldn't say so, because if you're pan there is no gender that you aren't attracted to... there's no need to distinguish. Then again one can have preferences.

7. DAXIII

But there is all this confusing about how things are supposed to be. Like you cannot love more than one group of people. Either one or the other.

8. GreenMan

GreenMan Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Just love whoever you want to love...

9. mmmelody

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I think that's just because there are many people who still don't really understand bisexuality or pansexuality. But I think as time goes on people are becoming more accepting. People are learning more about it.

Think about it, ten years ago less than half the US population supported marriage equality. As more people became educated that percentage quickly rose and now a majority of the population just acknowledges homosexuality as a totally normal thing. So widespread acceptance can and will happen. As long as we educate our friends and peers about bi/pan/ace erasure and the spectra of sexuality and gender, the knowledge will spread and someday soon pansexuality will be considered a normal part of life.

Hold onto hope! You have pan friends here ^_^