1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bi or lesbian?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Str8wshed, Jul 11, 2015.

1. Str8wshed

Str8wshed Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I know this has probably been posted a lot, but I'm going to try this anyways.

So recently, in this whole trying to figure myself out thing, I've had trouble finding a fitting identifier. I don't exactly feel like I need one but it does make things a tad bit easier.

In any case, I generally umbrella myself under gay. I would identify as queer, but it doesn't exactly fit me either. I would continue to go with bi, but it's more of a security blanket of my former self. And I tend to shy away from lesbian because I didn't grow up in that identity, so part of me feels like I'm not allowed.

See, I grew up attracted to both men and women, being a typical teenager with needs and picking what was around I dated men. There weren't any bi or out lesbians to date and discover that way. So I grew up thinking I must be bi.

Now, however, I am in a relationship with a women and I love it. And it makes the most sense. It feels natural. And I can't see myself being involved with another man.

That being said, occasionally I find some men attractive. It's like "omg they are ADORABLE!!" Or wow they are kinda hot. But I could never sleep with one, and my attraction for the most part stops at their face... Maybe their clothes too.

Also I tend to face more feminine men, or of the goth/alternative variety... Those who wear more eyeliner than I would know what to do with...

But I'm not attracted to male parts, and I don't want to play house with one. I want to make a home with a woman.

I suppose a lot of the confusion is because, I can't exactly relate to my girlfriend. We have different out experiences. As we all do. But I've only be "out" for. A year and I feel like maybe I'm not allowed to identity a certain way because I don't fit in to all the little boxes...

And maybe that part should be in another thread.

I guess I'm just curious if, knowing all those. Am I bi? Lesbian? Pan? Idk.

2. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Hi!

You might be a little flexible, I do not know... But to me you sound like you're gay.

I don't know what else to say much, I'm sorry... but you definitely sound gay to me.

Hope that helps somehow! ^_^

3. || Kheya ||

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people

Either you could be bi-curious or bi-flexible but leaning more towards lesbian. Being with a female makes complete sense to you and you feel more comfortable with female than male. So, that makes you lesbian. There's no written rule that lesbians must HATE male!

On the other hand, you are curious about men, you like them. Maybe would like to date but no physical attraction, which seems curiosity to me! That means, you could identify as a Bi-curious.

4. Keahi

I'd call what you're describing lesbian (or gay, if you prefer).

I mean, I think puppies are adorable! And of course I can recognize conventionally 'hot' people without being personally attracted to them, so ...