1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

questioning my sexuality

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by mcagt, Jul 13, 2015.

1. mcagt

I've recently come to terms with myself that I'm not straight. I don't know what I am and as much as I'm a firm believer of not using labels, I need one for myself. I need to know what I am. I've never necessarily been with a girl besides just kissing her but I know that I don't like men sexually, I know I like girls. I do get attracted to guys and think to myself "oh he's cute" but then I think of the actual sex part and I cringe. I even cringe at hetero love on TV whether it's them being lovey dovey or having sex, even just a kiss. I like women sexually and do believe that I can connect with one emotionally if I had the chance. I can like a man emotionally but not sexually. But what's the point of being with someone you like or love if you can't actually be with them. Sometimes I do think that I could be asexual but I think I just lack sex drive sometimes. I'm sorry this is long but I need to tell myself something so all these thoughts and questions can end and stop circling my head. I think I'm lesbian but why do I still think guys are cute and picture myself in a relationship with them? like I can connect with them emotionally but never have sex with them. I'm very open minded and free spirited so maybe that has to do with something? i basically don't judge or care, am I pansexual? but if I am I still don't like sex with guys. please help me.

#1 mcagt, Jul 13, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2015
  2. Hachi

The best advice I have for you (and I don't know if it will be incredibly useful but I'll give it to you anyway) is to just allow yourself to figure it out. If you need a label, label yourself as questioning, or lesbian with exceptions, etc.

As a note, lesbians can find men attractive as you say you do but the fact that you don't want to be involved with a man sexually leads me to believe that you genuinely are a lesbian.

3. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    If you only like girls sexually, that would make you homosexual.
    If you like guys and girls romantically that would make you biromantic.
    So, biromantic homosexual.

Otherwise, if you want to use lesbian in practical situations that's fine of course.

Also take time and reflect on your feelings. These things take time. I'm still figuring out whether I could fall in love with a girl or not. I've been thinking for some time and I'm still not sure. And, well, that's okay. These things take time.

Hope that helps!

Lots of love~