1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does this count??

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by RosexBud, Jul 14, 2015.

1. RosexBud

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I've been thinking about this a lot, but are you able to be pansexual but not have experience with the same sex yet?? And by no experience like no simple physical affection like kissing or holding hands etc.. and I've never dated a girl before. But I have had some girl crushes back then (and memories from a friendship I've had years ago back in since 2nd grade with another girl is enough to make me think I'm not necessarily straight.. I think it was sort of a friends with benefits sort of thing. I don't know I just felt so WEIRD with her. Not a bad weird but like an unexplainable good weird. Blah, emotions are so confusing :eusa_doh::icon_redf).

Because now that I think about it, I can be attracted to anyone no matter what their gender identity...it doesn't really matter to me. In fact, back when I used to live in Pennsylvania when I wasn't at all sure about my sexuality, there was this girl I liked. Everything about her personality I loved and all the things that she's been going through, things were tough for her. She was hurting but yet she kept going and she hasn't given up. That's what I loved the most about her. After a while of talking she said was the first that said she liked me, but at the time I was with a guy at the time. I told her that and said that I hope we can still be friends and we still are friends to this day. All advice is greatly appreciated ♥♥

2. femmeandfab

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You can definitely be pansexual without having same experiences (yet). Pansexual refers to the ability to be attracted to someone of any gender, not necessarily that you have acted on these attractions.

If you think about it, that makes sense. If you could consider yourself pansexual after having a same sex experience, then you were pansexual before the experience; the experience didn't change your sexuality.

3. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    ^what she said. If gender identity isn't an issue for you, pan is fully applicable.

4. clittle63

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    If you feel it in your heart then that is what you are pan is your true sense and feelings
    hope the helps
    Friend
    Chris

5. RosexBud

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    That clears up a lot! I was just worried that it might not be valid because I've never had a relationship with someone of the same sex or an orientation other than straight.. Thank you so much for your answer!

---------- Post added 15th Jul 2015 at 07:07 PM ----------

Yess ❤ thank you for responding!

---------- Post added 15th Jul 2015 at 07:14 PM ----------

It really does help a lot! Thank you so much ❤ it was still a little confusing for me before because I thought that I had to have experience with someone other than a guy or other sexual orientations etc.. And while I've had my two relations with the two guys, I didn't know AS much about sexuality as I do now.. And I remember after the 1st break up with the first guy I've been with, I remember after that I had a sort of liking for another girl but not necessarily ONLY by her physical attributes but her character as well. For me, even though I can be attracted to someone's outer appearance in a sense, that's not all that matters to me. Personality is a huge factor for me when it comes to a relationship and only later till now I don't really mind what the persons gender identity or race or orientation etc. is. There really is no limitations for me :slight_smile:

6. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Like I always say, experience has nothing to do with anything. Ever notice how we never say this to straight people? I highly doubt all straight people are asexual until they experiment.

7. RosexBud

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Thank you! This really helped! :grin: