1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So I'm 18 today and I want to buy a dildo

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by EpicConfusion, Jul 14, 2015.

1. EpicConfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The place that sells one is quite a ways. Maybe a 45+ minute drive. I don't know prices because they do not have a website. I have an excuse to go in a few days, I have a place to safely hide it, and I have some money. My problems are-

How much should I expect to pay? (Including lube, as that's probably a good idea.)

What are some types to look for specifically, or stay away from? (I specifically wanted to get a glass one, but I'm sure those are out of my price range. I'm willing to pay no more than $45.)

What are some tips or tricks for safe use and cleaning? Anything else I need to know?

How can I get over my embarrassment about going in to such a place?

When I do go in, how can I be confident and not awkward?

Any help appreciated.

2. Foz

Foz Guest

$45 should be enough to get what you're looking for, however get a larger thing of lube, 50ml doesn't last long at all and the thicker the better. I got this lube called 'fist it' (sounds off putting yes!) but it's a 500ml tub which IMO is better as you can dip the toy in and get good, even coverage. For a 'my first toy' I would avoid a dildo with a 'blunt' end, instead something like a large butt plug which is tapered so you can push it in slowly and relax as it gets wider. I got an anal dildo as my first toy and holy fuck it hurt! But after using the butt plug a few times I got used to it.

3. BiKate

No real advice but don't stress too much about going in. It's far enough away from you anyway. And those people serve all sorts of people all day buying all sorts of sexual things, a lot stranger than a dildo. Though if you do get embarrassed you could just say it's for someone else, but they really shouldn't care, it's none of their business anyway. Lots of lube. And I'm not sure if there's any particular way to clean them, but make sure you clean it after each use.

Happy birthday!! :slight_smile:

4. biswed

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Happy Birthday Epic. Hope you have a fun birthday.
    It is not something to be ashamed or afraid to go into a sex shop. When I bought the EPCI Dickinson (thanks for the name idea btw) it was in a shopping mall and it was not specielt private but nobody cares about what you buy, and if they do, then they forget you after maybe 10-40 minutes (if they are not bi / gay and thinks you're cute or something similar). My tip is do not buy something that can break or are of poor quality, buy quality products Doc Johnson dildos. You can buy a dildo and or a butt plug the same time. Because you think Sweden is so liberal thought, I tell you that it is legal to sell sex, but not buying sex. And alcohol laws is quite strange. At 18 years of age to buy alcohol in bars. At 20 years of age drink alcohol at home. And at the age of 22 have to go to System Company and buy alcohol containing beverages and non-alcoholic beverages.

5. EpicConfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for the tips and info, and thanks for the interesting facts about Sweden Biswed :grin:

I think I've heard you should avoid any toys that are not 100% silicone or glass. Is that right? What's a good size for beginners?

6. EpicConfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would have liked to go tomorrow, as I have the day off work and I can have an excuse to go, but I don't feel ready yet. I still need some advice and to do some research before I go.

7. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's my understanding that the Fleshjack dildoes are among the best-selling ones in part due to marketing but also because they are really well made and last. There are lots of cheap silicone ones but they tend to break or the rubber breaks down over time.

You may just consider Amazon. They have a great selection, discreet shipping, probably much better prices than your local store... and customer reviews that give you a good idea of what does and does not work. You can't see it before you buy, but if you do your research you will probably have a good idea of what you want.

8. EpicConfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You know, that's probably not a bad idea. I do have a $25 Amazon card. I could rent a post office box as well. That way I won't have to interact with people.

Question- Can I order things anonymously or are they permanently linked to my account?

9. Foz

Foz Guest

Amazon always deliver in plain boxes so the delivery guy won't have a clue what is in the box. I'm afraid Amazon saves all of you order history so the only way would be to use another email address to create a new account.

Amazon can be quite a pain when it comes to be conspicuous - http://emptyclosets.com/forum/chit-chat/180522-amazon-saves-your-browsing-history.html

10. Chip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Depending on what part of the country you're in, Amazon now has what they call Amazon Lockers. These are one-time use lockers (usually located on or near college campuses or downtown areas). When you buy something and have it shipped to an Amazon Locker, they drop it off in a locker with an electronic combination lock, send you the location and password, and you have, I think, 2 or 3 days to pick it up. That service is free, I'm pretty sure.

Amazon does store your purchase history. I suppose you could set up another Amazon account, but unless you have other people using your Amazon account, I wouldn't worry too much about it. You can also tell AMazon not to store your browsing history.

11. EpicConfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I did a quick google, and there are not any in/near my town because it's a pretty rural area. I can always just rent a P.O. box or something.

12. Chip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In some areas, UPS Stores or Postal Annexes will do a one-time package acceptance for $3 or something. Mailboxes usually have a minimum 3 month rental which runs $30-60 for the 3 months.

13. Foz

Foz Guest

Once you order it call the delivery company and ask them to hold it at the depot for you to pick it up, Fedex and UPS let you do that because I do so when I order car parts as both depots are on the way to my garage :wink:

14. EpicConfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's actually a really good idea. Thanks.