1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i have a crush on a boy ...but im a lesbian??

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by thatwierdkid, Jul 15, 2015.

1. thatwierdkid

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I've recently started having a massive crush on a boy I know which is strange because I've never had one on a boy EVER . They are usually directed towards girls. I don't want to have to come out again but explain I'm only straight for him and risk ridicule and embarrassment:confused::kiss::bang:frowning2:*hug*) from my LGBTQ community but i also want to be with him. ......thoughts??

2. Linthras

Linthras Guest

Well, it depends on what you mean by crush.
    If it's purely romantic, you could be a bi-romantic lesbian.
    Or it might be that your sexuality is fluid like it is for other people.

3. Ryu

Ryu

As Linthras said, it's totally possible to be Bi. And why would you get ridiculed? It's a massive spectrum of orientations and everybody sits on differant levels, so it's nothing to worry about.

4. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This was me. Believe me! I get it. You shouldn't let potential ridicule from others bring you down. Embrace this new feeling. Also don't worry about re-labelling yourself. Forget about labels for now.

5. cakepiecookie

Happened to me too. It sounds like you're on the far end of the Kinsey scale but perhaps not completely gay.

Just a word of caution - some people were pretty shitty towards me when I started dating a guy after being out as a lesbian. Hopefully the people around you will be more supportive if you decide to pursue this, just wanted to put it out there as it was something that I really wasn't prepared for.

Also, FWIW, once that male crush ended I went back to being exclusively attracted to women. I can't rule out ever being with a guy, but it's not something I really picture happening either.

6. sunshinebi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^^This 100%. I actually identified as gay for a short while last year but that was eventually shot to hell when I broke my ankle during a rugby game and my friend Jenna came to the sidelines and decided to peck me on the lips in front of everyone :eusa_doh: We didn't date or anything but to this day she claims responsibility for me realizing my true self lol.

7. Damos

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    it shouldn't matter if you love a boy or a girl but because for most it does I say try and see what kind of person this guy is. If he is verry accepting than I don't think he will mind too much about the whole being lesbian and loving him. Don't worry about ppl here I think all will accept you either way