1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kinsey results and my thoughts

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Brayden77, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Brayden77

So, I have decided to get out of the welcome section and post a more thorough description of what has been going through my mind. I have known for a long time that I have had an attraction to girls. I was perfectly fine with that and I still find women to be very, very attractive and increasingly beautiful. However, I have also known from a very young age that I was different than my peers. Finally, I realized that I also have a very strong attraction to the same sex.

I have kept that hidden due to reasons I may discuss elsewhere on the site, but only recently did I open myself up to new possibilities that I realized that my attraction to boys was much stronger than my attraction to girls. I was scared because I knew that I could be attracted to them both, and that really messed with my mind. I wanted to be able to undoubtedly say whether I was straight or whether gay, and I couldn't. I wished so much that I could tell my friends that I was gay, but I couldn't because I was being drawn toward a few girls in my graduating class. I wanted to deny that I could be bisexual, because then I would know what gender the person I fell in live with would be.

I recently took the test for the Kinsey Scale (correct me if that is not the name of it), and I received my results. My results stated that I am predominantly homosexual, incidentally heterosexual. This result feels...right, and although I feel as though my sexuality fluctuates on certain occasions, this description makes sense to me. It means I'm bisexual with a preference for men, right? I feel as though it describes how I feel pretty well, and actually, I feel a little better.

Weirdly, I feel as though I'm on the right track to finding out more about myself. Maybe, given some time, I can come out to some of my close friends. Of course, I need some more time to think, but I am feeling much better than I was only a week ago.

-Bray :slight_smile:

2. fern

Out Status:
    Some people
    thats great :slight_smile: welcome.

a lot of people i think take tests for the kinsey scale and come out thinking "hmm i feel like i should be a 3/4 but it says i'm 5"...it's nice that you feel good about our results. and from what you've described it seems to fit!

3. suchconfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hehe I'm happy for you. But yeah, that pretty much equates to you just being bisexual with a preference for men. I sort of like the kinsey scale but i don't because it accounts for having preference but it doesn't account for fluidity ofc. I mean, my preferences for each gender fluctuate as well but I always conclude I'm a 3 on the scale on average