1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am confused.

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Tyuomn123, Jul 16, 2015.

1. Tyuomn123

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    ok so im 13 and i have a friend in school and we are very close and have been for a long time (we go out to lunch, we go on bike rides and just hang around in the park) . A while back i started to get attracted to him and was considering asking him out for a date, after a long time of consideration i finally asked him out. He said "i'll think about it"
    But he never said yes or no. After that im still attracted to him and no one else.

Is he's strait or not. Does he like me or not. I dont know what to do.

2. castheking

My best advice is to try to relax. Don't worry.

Maybe he's in a similar situation, and he's questioning as well. If he never even considered he might not be straight, it might have been a big shock for him. Or, even though it might stink to think about, he might just not be interested and not want to hurt your feelings.

I'd recommend just having a discussion about it. You said you're close friends, so you should be able to just sit down and have an honest talk. Tell him exactly how you feel, even if it might be terrifying.

I wish you the best of luck! And remember to take things slow, since this is probably a new thing for the both of you.

3. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    ^could not have said it better.

In summary, either you have a very good friend who cares about you, or he might also be interested but is likely unsure of himself.

Sitting down to talk is a good idea.
    Also, I assume you still want to be friends with him regardless of if he is interested in you in that way or not? I don't know your situation, that might be obvious for the both of you, but maybe (as I said, I don't know your situation) that would be good to mention; "No matter what I still want to be friends."

I wish you luck.

4. internetperson

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I agree with castheking. He still might be questioning his sexuality as well. I think it is a good sign that he was so open about it. I think the best part is having someone to talk to about this stuff because I know absolutely no one in real life I can talk to, so I do it online which can suck. I think you should let him decide, and if he turns you down, I'm sure you guys can still be friends.

I wish you the best! :slight_smile: