1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you know..????

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Orangepledge, Jul 16, 2015.

1. Orangepledge

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'm new here and really new to liking women. Well I have always liked woman, just never acted on it and always tried to erase it out of my mind. Till I met this one woman. My question is how do you know if someone is gay/bi. I mean I know that's probably a stupid question.
    I don't know a lot about her. I was nosey and checked her Facebook page out. Not much there.:icon_sad: but I did notice looking through her friends list there is about a 1/2 dozen gay people on her friends list. ( out of 85 friends and that's the ones who listed interested in same sex on their profiles) I know that has nothing to do with her being gay. But to me the one sure way to accumulate gay friends would be to go to a gay bar.
    I'm really really new don't bash too much

2. souverian

A lot of people look at the eyes as a metric for attraction, but for someone with me with no experience with that (or no assurance that it actually works), I would probably just ask.

3. Charlie3

Sometimes you can just tell, they can be really open about their sexuality or they'll subconsciously give off hints that they're Gay. One thing I do is to see where this person's eyes go, for example. If you two are together and a really good looking person walks past, check to see what part of the person they look at. Again, the best way is probably just to ask them. Hope that helps!

4. Orangepledge

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    So I sent her a message on Facebook. I told her how I feel. (Told her I was the one who sent the secret admirer note) she has not read the message yet. Usually on Friday she is helping in surgery. But I know she has the messenger app. So it's a wait and see.

5. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sometimes you know, and sometimes you don't. Nowadays you really can't assume, so you'd probably have to ask. If you spoke to me in real life you'd be surprised at how straight acting I am. Not that I want to act this way, it's just who I am. But with that said, I think eye contact is usually a giveaway. If someone isn't attracted to you in most cases they may not notice you. But if they find you attractive they'll give it a good couple seconds to look at you, and/or turn away once they get eye contact from you.

6. Orangepledge

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Im new to this and I have never asked. I mean would someone get offended. Oh BTW are you gay?