1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Completely unsure, help!

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Charlie3, Jul 16, 2015.

1. Charlie3

So, I've been thinking for a while that I was Gay and I really started to like this one guy in particular, then I graduated school and haven't seen him since. I really liked the idea of being Gay and was really happy and comfortable with myself.

I've recently came out to my family and friends as Gay and that's what everyone knows me as. But recently I've started looking at girls and it's happening more and more and I'm worried that I might be, Straight. To be honest, I could see myself in a relationship with another guy and I want to be in one with another guy, but there's just a shadow of doubt in my mind for some reason. Also, I could see myself in a relationship with a girl, but I don't know wether id be entirely comfortable or whether I'd be thinking about guys all the time. I just... Seriously don't know how I really feel.

I know it sounds silly, but I don't want to be straight, I was perfectly happy being Gay. I was called Gay a lot in school, could this have something to do with it?

Really confused and stressed right now, has anyone else felt like this?? :bang:

#1 Charlie3, Jul 16, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
  2. souverian

Usually sexuality falls on a spectrum, so it's okay if you recently started recognizing some attraction toward females. It doesn't mean that you've suddenly stopped liking guys or anything, just that you might also like women a bit on top of that. If you're not familiar with the Kinsey scale, now would be a good time for me to bring that up:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinsey_scale

There are tons of labels beside "homosexual" and "heterosexual", if you ever decide that neither of them fit you. For example, I'd say that I'm bisexual (attracted to both males and females).

But for right now, I'd say don't bother with labels until you've had time to figure out your feelings a bit more. Better to choose the label that best fits than to fit yourself into a label, I think.

Hopefully I helped a bit. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. Charlie3

That's great, has really helped. I am familiar with the Kinsey scale and normally fit in the middle somewhere when I take tests etc.

Will try not to label myself just yet, or if I do, just calm it 'whatever'
    Thank you for the help :slight_smile::slight_smile::slight_smile::slight_smile: