1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need help understanding my sexuality...

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by TheUnkown, Jul 17, 2015.

1. TheUnkown

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm a 15-year-old guy and I'm Gay, or at least I thought I was, and I had come to terms with it, and was about ready to come out to some close friends, this was a few months ago. Then, some things began changing, I started feeling attracted(romantically and only slightly sexually) to a close friend of mine, who is a girl. It felt like I was in love, but I never got a chance to act upon it, as I new I was gay, and the school year was ending. I still felt, and feel, very sexually attracted to men, but began realizing I had always had romantic feelings towards women, but never very sexually attracted to them. I think I'm gay, but could I be bi? Or bi-curious? Or am I something else?

2. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe you're more fluid then you thought you were, and that's certainly possible. It's all about how you feel at that moment. Identifying as gay could still work for you, it's just that there's that one girl who caught your attention. Bi could also work, but it all depends on what you feel.

Gay, bi, curious, etc it's all good. Just be yourself, and don't stress on something you can change.

3. TheUnkown

Out Status:
    Not out at all
  4. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    I think Jax' input was very good!

Also, biromantic homosexual could possibly work for you.

Also, remember that labels are tools. So if a gay guy who might be interested in you asks you if you're gay, you can just say "Yeah, pretty much", if you'd like.

5. internetperson

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hmm. Well everyone is on a scale. Some people are gay, some are not 100% gay, but still identify as gay, and some people can be more gay than straight. I suggest exploring your feelings more for this girl. If these feelings do continue you possibly might be bi but have a preference for guys. But don't feel like you need to change your label. If someone were to ask your your orientation, you could just say "I'm very gay" haha. Good luck my friend.