1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pansexual but can't imagine future with a female?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by AndySammy, Jul 19, 2015.

1. AndySammy

AndySammy Guest

So, my problem is that I identify as pansexual at the moment, but I'm beginning to question again.
    As it happens, I can imagine being in a relationship with a female, and a male too. I could sure do both, I don't love genders, I love people, but recently I've been imagined futures with either female or male. And there's the problem. I can imagine being with, for my whole life, and marrying a male, but I almost cannot imagine that with a female. As I said, I can be in a relationship with one, but I cannot see myself choosing to be with a female for the rest of my life - only this one I'm currently head over heels with.
    Is it normal, or am I just blind for everyone else because there already is one female I'd want, or because I'm just heading more towards males?
    Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

2. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Honestly, it could probably be any of these, but I think it's likely that you are just so focused on this one girl that anyone else pales in comparison. It would make sense that you can't imagine marrying anyone else. Although, it is also very possible that since sexuality is fluid, you could naturally be floating towards the male end of the spectrum. I would just suggest just going with the flow and seeing what happens.
    I love your profile pic, btw :slight_smile:

3. AndySammy

AndySammy Guest

Thank you so much for your reply! I can see your point, I think it's mainly because I'm already in love with some female, so I can't see myself with another one. Thanks for helping me out! :slight_smile:
    Thank you! I like yours a lot too :slight_smile:

4. AndySammy

AndySammy Guest

So, I'd like to bring this back. It happens I'm not blinded by this girl anymore, but I still can hardly imagine a future with a female. I can, just a little bit, but still, I can't imagine myself growing old with a female. Is it normal to never feel like you can spend your entire life with a female and still be pan?

5. QBear

Yeah, I think so.
    For example, some bisexual people are sexually attracted to both men and women, but only have serious romantic inclinations for one or the other gender.
    I would expect it to be the same for pansexual people.
    One other thing to consider is that you are still young, and things could change as you continue with puberty and/or transitioning, if your doing that.

And that's okay. You don't have to have it all figured out right now. :slight_smile:

6. AndySammy

AndySammy Guest

You're right, I don't. Thank you for clearing some things up for me, it was really helpful :slight_smile:

7. QBear

I'm glad I could help. :slight_smile:

8. AndySammy

AndySammy Guest

You really did :slight_smile: Maybe I'll just identify as panromantic gay for awhile now. :slight_smile: