1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am confused about my sexuality...

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Peapod, Jul 19, 2015.

1. Peapod

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I am a 13 year old female and for the past few months I have been very confused about my sexuality. I used to only be interested in guys. I would think about marrying, kissing, or even having sex with a guy, but now I mostly think about doing those things with girls (occasionally thoughts about guys come up.) I can only see myself with another girl in the future but I still feel confused. Do you think I am a lesbian or am I going through a phase?

2. fern

Out Status:
    Some people
    there's a chance that you're gay, a chance you're straight, and chance you're just confused right now because honestly, i think moooost 13 year olds are confused and trying to figure themself out. have you had an actual crush on a friend (either male or female)? or are all these thoughts just about things much in the future and not really about anyone particular you've met in person yet?

3. Peapod

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I have had crushes on both genders...however, I haven't had a crush on a boy since I began thinking I was a lesbian. These thoughts are not really about a particular person now that I think about it, just things in the future.

4. 1nhc

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm eleven, and I've had crushes on both. I was super confused for years. Since second grade I've questioned it, but I really didn't think about it until now. I honestly think I was hiding behind a wall (aka the boys I had a crush on) just because of what people said. People said it was a phase, and some just thought it was wrong. But since same sex marriage was legalized, I feel like I've been more open minded.

5. Monak

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    You are still young and you dont have to rush for labeling urself, take your time just be straight to yourself and make a difference between attraction and liking someone.

6. sunshinebi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I mostly agree with this. Mostly... Honestly labels are no big deal for you at the moment so don't worry about it. But for right now, focus on who you are, not what you are (if that makes any sense). However, I disagree with Monak on the fact that physical attraction is actually a pretty good indicator of sexuality. IMO this doesn't sound like a phase and you might be bisexual. At least that's what it sounds like since you're fantasies and such switch from guys to girls often. I hope this helps you to clear your head and look into your feelings.