1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I know who's gay?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Tommy Ramone, Jul 19, 2015.

1. Tommy Ramone

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm gay and I'm interested in starting a relationship with another man. However, idk how I'd go about finding another gay guy. I'm 16 and there's not many people very open about stuff like that, and neither am i. Any advice?

2. alli o

alli o Guest

or asking

3. CodeForLife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well, you could always ask someone, but I personally would never do this while I'm still in the closet.

I'm trying an approach of going to a meetup (meetup dot com). You can find these for pretty much everything you can think of, including those for LGBTQ or Gay folks specifically. Sounds like it could be fun, so I'm excited.

I've heard from people on EC that online-dating apps are not the right way to go, unless you're just looking for a purely physical, temporary relationship.

Some people also feel that they have gaydar (ability to determine/sense who is gay), but I'm not sure how exactly you get this skill.

Good luck! (*hug*)

4. guitar

Is there a gay-straight alliance at your school? Maybe wait until college and join an LGBT club of some sort. Or see if there are any PFLAG meetings in your area. And teen years can be a difficult time especially if you don't know many gay people your own age. Are you out to anyone? Maybe a friend knows a gay friend who they can introduce to you or something...

Most dating sites won't let you join until you're 18, so you'll have to try another way.

5. bad blood

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ask them or read their info