1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So gosh darned confused.

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by TheCanonFangirl, Jul 19, 2015.

1. TheCanonFangirl

Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey guys!
    Lately I've been really confused (and maybe a little obsessed) with figuring out my sexual orientation. For about two or three months, I've been out to family and friends as an asexual lesbian (or more specifically, "homoromantic asexual", a label that is too confusing to be convenient for me).
    I just can't help but to think, "I MUST be making all of this stuff up in my head!" I mean, what if this whole time I'm actually just straight and curious? Maybe all of this was a phase...
    The thing is, I'm feeling all sorts of attraction, and these feelings are getting all mixed together, it's difficult to tell what is sexual, romantic, aesthetic, platonic, sensual... *head starts spinning*
    Here's the deal, pretty much all I've been feeling lately:
    -I'm pretty darned sure I'm asexual, I don't ever feel aroused by looking at anyone. When it comes to certain genders (females, particularly) I feel open to the idea of sex but only for the emotional part of it and for my own physical stimulation, rather than me being attracted to her features. God, it sounds confusing. Am I even making sense? Anyway, with boys, I'm completely repulsed by sex (sorry guys!). I do not fantasize about any gender, and I don't really see people as "hot". I prefer their appearance with clothing on. I have a low or nonexistent libido but somehow still enjoy physical "stimulation".
    -When I see myself married or in a relationship, I picture myself with a girl. I feel very chivalrous, and I get all giddy when I imagine myself with a girl. With a boy, I don't desire any sort of long-term relationship and I'm often "turned-off" by their attempts to make me happy.
    -Physically, I'm more drawn to girls I think. I wanna snuggle them and hold hands and take them on dates and hug and kiss. I think that's sensual attraction. With boys, I often feel safe and protected when it comes to hugs, but holding hands and kissing just sounds gross. I think hugs with boys can be counted as platonic, friendly, rather than romantic.
    -Aesthetically, I can be attracted to all genders. I can really love and appreciate the way they look. Almost all girls look aesthetically pleasing to me, I think they are all beautiful (whether I feel romantic attraction or not). With guys, and I mean no offense, this aesthetic attraction is much more rare.
    -I am only romantically attracted to certain types of people. That cute, "girl next door" type? Yeah, that's my type. Most straight guys (not all) are really into those supermodel, really sexy girls. They're beautiful, but I don't feel drawn to them. While I am more often attracted to more feminine girls, I can still be attracted to androgynous/more masculine girls. With guys, I usually prefer feminine features.
    -My celebrity "crushes" (sometimes probably more platonic than romantic, and definitely aesthetic) are always on boys. My real-life crushes are always on girls. I can certainly be romantically attracted to boys in real life, but these crushes rarely last more than a day and are not intense like my girl-crushes. MY CELEBRITY crushes are generally more like obsessions rather than real crushes, if that makes sense. I don't really feel romantic attraction there, it's more like worship *blushes*

Ok, ok. So based on what I said here, I sound like a lesbian/homoromantic, or maybe a little bi? (Keep in mind that I'm asexual, so my lack of sexual attraction to anyone makes it difficult to really tell who I'm attracted to). Please help me. I feel like I'm lying to everyone around me, including myself. Maybe I'm forcing myself to be gay. OH god. I think I just need to know if anyone else is as worried as me. What do you guys think? I know, I'm responsible for figuring out my own orientation, but I need closure, I guess. A second opinion. OIY!!! :tears::help::bang:

2. alli o

alli o Guest

I went through the exact thing and totally understand you to me you sound pretty dang lesbian and you seem to only appreciate a mans appearance and recognize a cute man when you see one but don't realistically want to be in a relationship with them good luck girl