1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I really bisexual? Really need some advice..

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by grungeteen, Jul 20, 2015.

1. grungeteen

I'm a young teenage girl and I've just recently came out to myself and some close people as bisexual even though I'm not 100 percent sure. What I am worried about most is that I am wrong about my sexuality and maybe this is just a weird phase and I'll turn out straight or that I want to be bisexual so much that I'm just kidding myself and I actually don't really want to be with a girl. I know I'm definitely not lesbian as I am definitely attracted to guys but I'm still unsure about girls partly because I'm worried I've got it wrong as I have never been with a girl (well, I have actually never been with a guy either) but is it okay to come out as bisexual at such a young age without ever having experienced a relationship with the same sex? I've always been very supportive about the lgbt community and I get very touchy over anyone being homophobic (I hear the words 'gay' being used as a derogatory term pretty much everyday at school and I get really annoyed and angry when this happens) and I'm worried that inside, subconsciously, I'm lying to myself because maybe I want to be so apart of the lgbt community that I am forcing myself to like girls even without realizing it? I don't know. At the moment, I identify as bisexual and I feel very proud and I want to be very open about it soon but not exactly until I'm atleast a little bit more sure. I really want a girlfriend but I dont know how to get one without coming out and in my school, there are barely any openly gay or bisexual kids- I can count on one hand how many are out which is a problem when trying to get a same sex relationship atleast within school. Sorry about this super long paragraph but I needed to let it out. I'm just your typical confused questioning teenager...

2. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No one can tell you how to identify. If you think you are bisexual, then you're bisexual! If not, then that's okay too. Identify how you feel right now, and if things change later then that'll be then.

Bisexual means attractions to both males and females. If you feel that you meet that criteria in terms of dates/feelings/sexual attraction, then you would fit the bisexual label! Of course you could have a preference, and that's certainly alright as well.

3. Daydream94

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Bisexual people have physical and romantic attractions to both genders - like what the poster above me said, discover it for yourself, only you will know the answer. You might very well discover that it could be a phase, or it could be what you are. You could be sexually and romantically attracted to both guys and girls - and have a preference for one over the other.