1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questioning my sexuality, kind of confused.

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Random99, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Random99

Hey.. I'm a bit confused about my sexuality and I was wondering if anyone had any advice for me. You see, I know that I am attracted to guys.. I guess I have kind of accepted that. Although, I have a girlfriend whom I love very much and do not want to lose. I don't know if I love her because she's female and it's sexual and all that, or if its because I am just afraid of losing what we have.. We've almost been together for six months. (This is a long-distance relationship).

I don't really know what to do.. am I gay? Bi? I just need some guidance I guess.

2. Daydream94

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You say that you do have sexual intimacy with your girlfriend?

That points to bisexuality, but in my opinion, you need to establish if you're attracted to girls, period.

I'm not suggesting cheat on your girlfriend or anything like that, but if you feel that this is a question about yourself, you need to explore, experiment even with both genders. Once you've done that, the question answers itself really.

3. myself123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hello Random99 :slight_smile:
    Well, did you always know you were attracted to guys? If so, did you have any crushes?
    You say that you're not sure and that you love her just because she's female and sexual... do you have the same emotional-physical attraction to girls in general?
    If yes and you feel natural about it, then I would lean towards you being bi.
    You need to ask yourself if there is any kind of difference in the attraction you feel towards guys in comparison to girls.
    If you feel and it might do good that you speak about the issue with your girlfriend and let her know your concerns and be honest.
    Hope things get clearer for you :slight_smile:

4. seeking

This is just personal experience.. I am not male.

But, the problem with long distance relationships is... it is very easy to fall into a fantasy. I dated a guy for a long time because i didn't have to actually be sexual with him and i could run from my sexuality. All i did with this guy was sext and he would try to get me to skype sexy time. The most i could do was sext. It wasn't long distance.

I think you have to ask yourself do you love this girl just because she is a great person you love talking to or do you love this girl because of those reasons and because she gets you "going"? It's hard to gauge that when it's long distance.

As i said fantasy is very different from reality. It's easy to convince ourselves of something until life makes us smell the coffee.