1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can I still be considered a bisexual?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by grungeteen, Jul 21, 2015.

1. grungeteen

So I think i may be bisexual but I still really don't know. The one question that I really want to ask is that- can I still be bisexual if I don't want to/ don't have any interest in having sex with women? I still feel attracted to them and I would like a relationship with like romance and kissing and all that stuff and marrying a woman and having a life together but sex? Of course, this may change as I am still quite young. I am definitely attracted to men and have an interest in sex (well, kinda, I am still disgusted and horrified of penis's so I'm not too sure) but I wanted to i know whether I still would be considered a bisexual? Since I am still young, my feelings are subject to change but right now I am very confused? At the moment, I still have a preference for men.
    Thanks,

2. YinYang

Maybe you're biromantic heterosexual, meaning you are interested in a relationship with either a girl or a guy, but you only find sex with a guy appealing. Hope this helps!

3. LooseMoose

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It sounds like you are interested in a romantic relationship with both genders and unsure about whether you are really sexually interested in men, and are currently not interested in women sexually at all.

To me it still reads like you are bi- due to the fact that you are attracted to both, but
    currently you are not interested in sex as such. Bi means attraction to both. Socially usually it means 'sexual attraction' eg interest in having sex and/or relationships with both, but if you generally have low interest in sex then you are 'biromantic' which still can be called bi.

The low interests in sex could indicate that
    1) you are somehow on the asexual spectrum- in this case you could be more comfortable calling yourself asexual & biromantic.

or
    2) have not really developed sexually yet and are not interested in sex with either due to this, but could potentially in the future develop sexual interest in men, women, or both.

If you are attracted to both currently, but it is more difficult to think sexually about women- it could mean that you have internalised ideas that this is 'wrong' to want sexual things with a woman, rather than you not actually being capable of ever being in a sexual relationship with a woman.
    Regardless if you find yourself ever interested in sex with women, it would be good to work on accepting the idea of sex between women as normal.

If you don't find that you want to be sexual with women- thats ok, but just be sure it is not because you think it is 'wrong' and it is stopping you.

If you want and can imagine yourself in a relationship with both and are attracted to both- you can call yourself bi.

Later, once you know more whether you are actually sexually interested in people, and which gender you are interested in sexually your label might shift more towards 'biromantic and asexual' or stay 'bisexual', or as said above move to 'heterosexual and biromantic'- but roughly speaking, if you want a big label under which all the others somehow fall, 'bi' is just fine to use.

4. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I suspect it's just because you are still young. I think you should feel free to label yourself as bisexual, and if you do not develop stronger sexual attraction when you get older, begin to consider the labels biromantic heterosexual, biromantic asexual, etc.