1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sexual attraction and desire

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Emmab2802, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Emmab2802

May sound stupid but how would you describe sexual attraction and desire? Would you say they're two different things? By how I mean things like dreams, fantasies, etc etc :slight_smile: thanks!

2. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No question is ever stupid. If you've got one in mind then clearing it up is the best way to resolve it :slight_smile: Here's an example:

I see a hot guy down the street.

Sexual attraction is me noticing the guy walking the street and checking him out. This is something I cannot control, because I am naturally attracted to men.

Sexual desire would be how badly I would want to act on my dirty fantasies with this man.

I can see how the two can be use interchangeably because by being sexually attracted to that man, I would also desire sex with him, but even then there's a small distinction between the two: one is involuntary (Attraction) and the other isn't (Desire).

I hope this helps.

#2 Jax12, Jul 21, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
  3. MetalRice

Sexual attraction is when a person's physical features draw me towards to them, while desire is and are the things I want to do to said person.

4. Emmab2802

Is it possible then in that I feel attracted to women , but no desire to do anything with them... But a desire for men which when I find one I really get on with Sparks an attraction?! Thanks for the sweet words :slight_smile:

5. Chicagoblue

They're almost interchangeable, right? I like what Jax and Metal have to offer.

6. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Almost, yeah, but not quite. One would proceed after the other, but it does not necessarily have to.

7. seeking

I am gonna try my best answering this... and this may be wrong.

I see sexual attraction as you see someone and their looks just blow you away and make your jaw drop.

Sexual desire i see as this is someone you would like to do sexual acts...

Sexual attraction draws your eyes.

sexual desire arouse you (make you have feelings in parts downstairs).

I personally believe you can have a sexual attraction to someone without having sexual desires for that person. (just my opinion)

We aren't blind when we see someone very very attractive.... no matter what sexuality we are.

But, i think it can end there.

So yes i do think you can have sexual attraction to someone without desire to actually be sexual with them.