1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can you like just one girl?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by occasionallyme, Jul 22, 2015.

1. occasionallyme

So, recently I've started becoming very confused about my sexual orientation, I was pretty sure I was straight, but over the past year I made a really good friend, she is really nice and funny and what started out as a platonic relationship has adapted into something else for me, whenever I see her I think about her romantically and I don't understand what's going on, I didn't think I was into girls, so now I'm really confused as to whether I'm into girls in general or just into her? and there is no way for me explore this to try and sort out my feelings cause I'm pretty sure she's straight, but I've never asked her outright. I don't want to say anything to her, in case it ruins our friendship, however sometimes I feel like she might reciprocate my feelings?
    Can anyone give me some advice on what to do? or how to handle the situation?

2. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was in a similar situation with my best friend, and still highly confused about my orientation as of now. I really don't know, but i don't really care what I am
    We were the only girls that we romantically had crushes on/could imagine future, and it turned into something...we both said we were straight until she confessed her crush.

I think it's possible, definitely. Do you know how she feels about LGBT? Also, if she says something like "I support it but I'm not gay", it's possible she's just hiding it. Or maybe not. I think first you should find out how he feels about that.

If all goes well, confront her later about your feelings for her. It's really difficult, but just say it casually and most likely she won't leave you for liking her...
    I don't know what else...
    Hope it works out for you! That's really sweet. (*hug*)

3. sunshinebi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can't really offer any incite into your situation with this girl because I've actually never really had a crush on a straight person of my own gender. But, as for your own orientation, I don't want to be quick to label you. That being said I don't think you can really like just one girl. She's a girl, you're a girl, and you like her. Interpret that as you will I guess.

4. occasionallyme

Thanks, it's nice to know someone's been through a similar situation. I know she supports LGBT because that's the school and home environment she's been brought up in and she supports our friends who are openly gay and bi. Thanks for the advice though :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 23rd Jul 2015 at 12:18 PM ----------

I'm still trying to work out who I am, like you said I don't want to label anything too quickly, or start telling people one thing and then change my mind. But it's definitely helpful to have someone else's insight considering I don't want to tell my friends anything until I'm sure of what I'm saying, so thanks.