1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Attracted to Transwomen

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by enjeruciel, Jul 22, 2015.

1. enjeruciel

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I find myself oddly drawn to transwomen. Like I feel like I could be in a romantic relationship with a transwoman, but ciswomen only appeal to me in a sexual way, like pure sexual attraction. I myself am a genderfluid individual and I notice I find a lot of MtF individuals very attractive, for example I follow several MtF youtubers who I discovered based on my interests and hobbies and later learned they were in fact MtF. Would there be a particular reason for transgender women to be more appealing to me than cisgender? Your thoughts, insight, and feedback is appreciated.

2. KayJay

I guess there could be lots of reasons. I'm not really sure how to answer that. Maybe it's more than attraction. Like you know they've been through a lot of stuff to get where they are, which makes trans women seem strong in a mental way? I know I've sure been through a lot.

Some people just are attracted to it, like people are attracted to all sorts of things. Maybe there isn't even a reason.

3. Winter Maiden

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Does there really need to be a reason? As long as you're not treating trans women as a fetish then it should be alright.

4. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Perhaps you feel more of a kinship with trans women, being genderfluid yourself? I know I'm sexually attracted to all sorts of folk, but would feel better understood if in a relationship with someone who was also a sexual minority, and/or trans, genderqueer, non-binary in some way (leaving most straight cis women out).

Plus, I think I shy away from normative relationships - if they have set and traditional roles, I'm gone. For some reason, a lot of folk find bisexuality threatening. Who knows? Maybe there's something in their personality that sets them apart? Or they share similar interests? As long as it's not some type of fetish, I don't see what's the problem. :slight_smile:

5. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Maybe you are actually attracted by androgyny, and trans women, for you, seem to be crossing the boundary between male and female, so to speak. Of course we ought not to fetishize trans folk, and after all if someone identifies as female, then female they are, however their physical body was when they entered this world; but this is one possible 'explanation' that comes to mind, not that one needs an explanation for why one is attracted to someone. Personally, I find guys with 'feminine' characteristics very alluring. I also sometimes try to 'figure out 'why' this is, but lately I think, who cares, so long as I'm not harming anyone, I can like who I like, what does it matter 'why'.

#5 Damien, Jul 23, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2015
  6. enjeruciel

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I think you're right. I don't mean to degrade anyone or fetishize(sp?) anyone but I think the perfect partner for me might also be someone who knowingly blends the gender lines, either a genderfluid male who likes to crossdress, or a pre op transwoman who is content with pre op and living as middlesex. I don't really know if there are terms for the latter or if people really experience this. If it does, it's probably something even outside of the trans realm because it's middlesex. I think it is a bond between individuals of non binary gender and gender fluid orientations. To me androgyny seems to be the most attractive, though it seems to lean more towards male genitalia. I'm just trying to figure myself out by thinking aloud in a sense. Thank you guys for your insight.

---------- Post added 27th Jul 2015 at 12:51 PM ----------

I suppose I should've put "non op transwomen" specifically.

#6 enjeruciel, Jul 27, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
  7. Leifa

Don't worry I didn't feel like you did, wasn't offended. ^.^