1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Find This Odd..

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by BookWriter1994, Jul 23, 2015.

1. BookWriter1994

Okay, it has been almost a year since I had started questioning whether I really do like girls or not.

So as I had begin questioning myself, there were a few times when I would question my gender.(I am born female) and I find this odd because even when I question my gender it stops right away because I know for 1 million % that I am female.

So I just find this odd that right away that I know that I am a female and that question stops right away but not my sexuality question.

what does this mean? Does it mean that I am not actually as straight as I thought I was??

2. PurpleKitten

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Its probably normal to question your gender and think about it. Maybe your curious or maybe your bi? It's probably time for you to explore.

3. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

I feel like questioning your gender vs. questioning your sexuality is very different and that's why you're feeling this way.
    Like, if I were to ask myself "am I really a girl or could I be trans?" I would immediately know I'm a girl because I feel like a girl and I'm satisfied with being, feeling, and looking like a girl despite the fact that I dress like a tomboy sometimes. It's easy to tell because it's how you feel about yourself.
    Sexuality on the other hand is a bit more confusing. It's not as black and white because I think there are just a lot more variables. Like for me, I'm not often attracted to people so it makes it hard to tell. Also, if you're raised to picture yourself with a guy, it can make it hard to tell if that's what you really want or if it's just the idea you're used to. There's also the fact that you can be somewhere in between completely gay or straight which makes it more confusing.
    For you, there are probably just a lot more variables affecting your sexuality that may be making it more confusing.

I've been questioning for a while and what I've found is that the more you over-think everything and wonder about your sexuality and what everything means, it actually makes it a lot harder to tell what you're really feeling. If you can, the best thing to do is to just not over-think things and be open to what you're feeling without focusing on it too much. If you ask yourself "am I attracted to this person?" all the time, it just confuses things more and you lose how you really feel. So just try to let things happen and don't think on it too much:slight_smile:

I hope this helps!(*hug*)

4. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'd say that questioning your sexuality is your primary question but questioning your gender is what pops up during questioning your sexuality so you just eliminate that question rather fast.

5. internetperson

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm not going to lie but when I was questioning whether I like girls or not the thought came to my head a few times that maybe I'm actually a boy. But that's not the case for me. Sexuality and gender identity are two separate things.

Who you're attracted to has nothing to do with the gender you feel inside. I don't know how intensely you're feeling like you're a boy because for me I know I'm a girl. Just don't be afraid to explore your thoughts and feelings. I'm always here for you. (*hug*)