1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay Guys Transwomen?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by kellynec, Jul 23, 2015.

1. kellynec

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hey

I'd like to ask gay guys on this forum where they feel a relationship (at least a "one night stand"/ sexual relationship) would work with a transwoman?

Because she has a penis...

I know this sounds sooooo dumb BUT the reason for me to ask this question is I think I'm either gay or bi and I'm kinda unable to accept it as a "lifetime condition" that will probably "always haunt me" so I'm looking for ways to have a relationship with a woman that would work in the long run

Thanks a lt

2. Rainbows~Exist

Transwomen are women... so no. It won't work out at all. This is basically like saying would an intimate relationship work between a homosexual male and a female of any sexuality.

3. Posthuman666

Now I'm not gay, but I am a trans girl. And many of us at some point in their lives get SRS, and lose the penis. But even if they don't, people are dating a woman. A female. It would be a straight relationship.

Hopefully that helped, sorry if I sounded rude.

4. kellynec

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yeah 'kay, but then, because of my personal ideologies, WHAT am I going to do if I don't want to live my life alone until I die yet I don't want to do it with a man?

5. Keahi

I suppose it depends what you mean when you say "gay", doesn't it? If you're attracted to people with penises, irrespective of their gender identity or expression, then sure, maybe. If you're attracted to stubbly cheeks, deep voices, broad shoulders, and all the je ne sais quoi of masculinity? Not so much.

As has already been noted by other posters, though, not every transwoman has (and intends to keep) a penis, and not every transwoman who does is going to be comfortable using it sexually.

Looking for a relationship with someone who meets a very particular checklist of gender/plumbing/orientation categories like this strikes me as a bit like looking for a handsome Jewish doctor who's at least six feet tall and never forgets an anniversary.

Leave the door open for serendipity.

No matter what your orientation, it's better to find the person you want to share your life with first, then figure out how to adjust your plans to make room for them, rather than trying to find a person who slots neatly into a future you've already imagined.

(Self-acceptance and a liberal neighborhood can do wonders for your lifetime happiness too!)

6. Cedar

Sexuality and gender are very fluid things. Just because a woman still has a penis does not mean I view them as any less of a woman, I'll respect that they wish to be viewed and regarded as a woman, end of story. If I did end up with a man but they ended up coming out as trans themselves, I don't really see any issue with staying with them but at some point, that may change because in the end they are a woman. It would really have to depend on the woman though, I guess I might make an exception? Though, I don't think an only sexual relationship with a woman would be preferable over that of a man. What's so bad with being with a man in the first place? It's not like it limits your possibility of having a good long-term relationship or even just sex. Whatever your sexuality may be at the end of the day, you probably shouldn't force yourself into a situation where you're uncomfortable with your partner and that will only bite you in the butt later on...

If you're going to only look for people that fit a certain, very specific criteria before considering any form of relationship with them, you're going to miss out on a lot and you might end up offending people. Imagine if you were a trans woman and some guy asks you, "so... Still got a penis? I'll only date/ have sex with you if you have one..." Someone's going to get their butt beat(and not in a good way either). if you're attracted to someone, regardless of their sexual/gender status, you should at least give them a try. That's just my spin on it though*shrugs*...

7. KayJay

I believe I said this in a thread you made in the past. Most trans women would not date a gay man, because them identifying as gay invalidates their identity as a woman. Maybe there are a few gay men out there who would have sex with a trans woman but I doubt any trans women would be recipricatory to the idea.

Gay men aren't attracted to women. I think you need to work on accepting your sexuality and not looking for ways out of it. Nothing is wrong with you if you like men, you can have a normal relationship, sex, family and life with a man. I mean, if you are possibly bi like you mentioned, you could end up with a girl anyways.

8. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Transwomen are women, and I'm not interested in women sexually. Simple as that.

9. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Don't see how it would work. And a lot of trans women don't like using their penises. Some do, but even they might feel too fetishized and invalidated by your sexuality for it to work.

10. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I personally cannot see myself in that position, and quite frankly it would be more likely for me to be with a transman because he's a man, not because of whatever part he has down there.

11. kellynec

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    The other day I watched some transwomen videos on YouTube. It was about a girl called Lollita, there were a lot of photos of her. She turned me on.

Does this mean I'm bi? I've found that my sexuality is VERY fluid... sometimes I like women more, sometimes less...