1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm not sure im ready

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by PurpleKitten, Jul 23, 2015.

1. PurpleKitten

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I've been questioning whether im asexual. It's complicated because im not aromantic. Im panromantic, i like having someone who cares for me, like a partner, hugging me, putting their arms around me, kissing me on the forehead, maybe a peck. Im just truly really really not into anything "sexual" like obviously sex, making out, sometimes cuddling, stuff like that. It just makes me really really uncomfortable. But i know its rare to be "asexual" and im ind of in a weird position because im panromantic. My partner, keeps asking for sex and trying to make out with me... Its not that i don't love them, it's just i'm not interested in that stuff.

How do i tell them without hurting their feelings?
    Do you think that they will break up with me because i can't offer sex (right now anyways)?

They want to move in with me and at first i was ecstatic but now, from what they've said, it seems like its just because they want privacy to get in my pants.

Yesterday she sent me this picture [​IMG]

on facebook and i felt REALLY uncomfortable and we haven't spoken since because i t answer messages because im so afraid

HELP?

#1 PurpleKitten, Jul 23, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2015
  2. Overcomplicated

Well, being an asexual teen as well, I understand you completely. I think your best option would to be upfront with them, seeing as how they are so eager to get more intimate. It also depends of what type of asexual you are. When I first was contemplating my sexuality, I did a lot of research, and found that asexuality is a lot more convoluted being gay or bi. Some asexuals are completely against sex and anything sexual with a vendetta, but others (like me) just find nothing interesting or satisfying about potentially having sex.

So all that said, I would talk to them. If they just want to be with you to have sex, then they may break up with you when you talk to them, but it just means that they don't fully respect who you are.

I hope you can work everything out! (*hug*)

3. PurpleKitten

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm so glad i found someone else who is also asexual but not aromantic! I wasn't sure if I could really say I was asexual because im only 15. people have told me that maybe im just not mature enough. I will definitely steal your idea and search up what it really is to be asexual.

4. Overcomplicated

For me, the official Asexuality website was the most helpful in helping me figure things out. In other cases, I have also got the "you're too young/you're a virgin, you wouldn't know", but what I feel people don't get are how strong these feelings (or lack thereof) really are, and once you'be hit puberty, it's easy enough to realize :wink: