1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unsure about sexuality?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by heyKittie, Jul 23, 2015.

1. heyKittie

I am a 13 year old female, so im at that age where I might start to explore my sexuality. But lately I have been thinking about this a lot, and I think I may be bisexual. Over the past few years, i have thought of girls every once in a while, but differently than just as another girl or friend. I have a friend(also female) that I kind of have a crush on. And sometimes I think about doing things with girls, kissing, etc. Its causing me a lot of stress, and me and my mom are fighting more than ever because of it. Any advice could help. Thanks.

2. seeking

My advice is you are 13 and at the age i started to figure out my sexuality. Back then all there was was yahoo answer. So when i began researching and trying to figure out what these feelings meant... i didn't get much info except stereotypes.

My advice is let time tell. I know you want to have an answer about your sexuality. But, i bet if you ask anyone here who started to question their sexuality at your age, they didn't come to a conclusion until many years later.

The advice i found on the internet when i was around your age was "You won't know until you sleep with a man." So that advice helped me not face my sexuality for a long while. Every time it came up I would say, "I won't know until i have sex with a man." Bad advice. I knew what my sexuality was without having to sleep with a man. But, i will say this that you become more sure of your sexuality with time and experience.

So my advice is let time tell and follow your heart.

I also don't think (personal opinion) that you should share your sexuality with people until you are comfortable with your sexuality and feel confident in who you are. Because middle school is filled with drama and people rat on each other just to cause drama.

Doesn't hurt you to date who you are drawn to and let time tell. If you really don't like men... you will see over time that you are more drawn to women, how you feel toward women, and who you date/feel most comfortable being with sexually/romantically. If you are bisexual you will notice the feelings for both men and women are the same also you will feel comfortable being with both men and women sexually/romantically.

Just don't bring it up with your ma again if it cause issues until you feel sure and confident in who you are.

Hope this helps and in the end i can only give advice based on my experience while figuring out my sexuality. If you want to throw thoughts/ideas or just have someone as a soundboard you can always post on my wall.

Also what helped me a lot was listening to people's coming out stories on youtube. I could so relate to how they felt when they were with men vs with a woman. There is a girl on youtube name Roxtera (sp?), she is married to RoseEllenDix. Well Roxtera is bisexual and she explained her feelings very well in her coming out video.

#2 seeking, Jul 23, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2015
  3. heyKittie

Thank you so much, it did help. And just getting my story out there took a weigh off my shoulders. You were very helpful, thanks again.

4. seeking

No problem :icon_bigg

5. newfish

Oh god the trouble of trying to answer legitimate questions by viewing Yahoo Answers.

6. ScaryClosets

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I understand exactly how you feel. I'm still unsure of my sexuality, but I'm pretty sure I'm Bisexual as well. When it comes to being bisexual, you have fluidity. I have found recently that some months I'm into girls or some months I change back to guys. You are most likely Bisexual. You're right on the age part, because that's when I started to feel that too. At this age though, it's still really hard to understand the confusion. Fear, doubt and confusion will definitely be apart of your life now. I've had crushes on my friend once and have had fantasies as well. You are not alone on this one.

7. Scifiguy338

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would give it time. It was around that age I noticed I was into guys, basically completely. But it was when I was 16 that I figured I was mostly rather than completely gay, with some flexibility/interest in women.
    So I'd say don't worry too much, whatever you feel now is Okay, regardless of whether it changes or not.