1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

feeling better but still not there

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Theshreks, Jul 25, 2015.

1. Theshreks

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi this will be hopefully one of my last messages I write on the forum. I want take a break and focus more on real people and my life. I think it'll be healthy for me. I was talking to a friend and I brought up sex. Just asking him what's it's like or whatever. Then I asked him to hook me up with someone just so I could have sex.

He then asks if there's any guys or girls I find attractive. It was cool that he didn't just assume. I thought maybe he knew I was questioning but he probably doesn't. The next day I tried to tell him I was bi or that I'm at least questioning. I almost said it but it felt fake.*

They didn't feel like my own emotions or thoughts. It didn't feel like me. Maybe I have to get more comfortable with these feelings before I go do that. I don't have much experience, which you don't always need to your sexuality but I might. I have honestly had OCD like obsessions.*

However I've been trying to use it as an excuse to repress. I have a hard time accepting these feelings and I try to ignore them but I can't anymore. It won't help me in the long run. I guess I like girls and guys on some level and that's fine. Maybe it changes that's fine too.*

I had a female friend offer to have sex with me to lose my virginity. I didn't do because I didn't want to look regret it. I mean I liked her as a friend but nothing romantic. I wanted it to be with someone I cared about a little more. She liked me though, she wanted to have a relationship and I didn't. Just wanted sex.*

This was late 2013 and I wished I did it. Just so I could check it off. Like "OK I like sex with girls", or "nah I don't think it was my thing." So I have this burning what if that won't get solved for a while. But at the same time I could have gotten her pregnant so I'm also kinda happy I didn't.*

I guess I'd have to get a job to out more and be more social. I know fantasy is different from the real thing and I just have to know. I'm talking for both sexes too. I often I'm not really sure I'm bi and this is just a stepping stone but it feels real to me. If I dated or had sex this would so much easier.*

2. Theshreks

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
  3. Theshreks

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
  4. Theshreks

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
  5. unsureofmyself

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Just do your best, listen to stories of some other peoples experiences, what their stories arem, see if you can relate so you have a better idea. Good luck! ☺

6. Theshreks

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thanks for the advice.

7. Theshreks

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
  8. Theshreks

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
  9. Lyana

Hi theshreks!

I don't know how old you are, but you sound very focused on the topic of sex here. I know it's called sexual orientation, but many many people don't need to actually have sex to figure it out. There's nothing wrong with having sex without love. But it's important to know that you don't need sex to know yourself (I know you said you know that) -- and, in fact, you can have had sex and still be confused. So maybe don't attach too much importance to that. If you have sex with someone you're not particularly attracted to, it could suck and yet not mean anything about your orientation.

Your friend (the one you asked to hook you up with someone) sounds very cool, asking whether guys or girls were more your thing. You could have told him you were questioning -- there really would have been nothing fake about that, would there?
    You also need to realize that there's no rush. It's okay to not know. It will come, with time. It's also okay to think you know, and then be wrong. That doesn't make you fake, it makes you human.

I'm not sure dating randomly or having sex would change anything for you. Have you met someone you would like to ask out on a date or have sex with? If so, that says miles more about your orientation than any experimentation.

Try to understand why you're repressing. Are you afraid of being bi? Why?

10. Theshreks

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thanks for the reply! I'm 18 btw. Yeah my friend is a very cool guy, very accepting. I have met someone I'd like to date and have sex with etc but it didn't work out. Now this happened about two months before I started questioning.

I knew her through my friends (same friend I was talking about in my original post) and knew her from school(I changed schools that year). At first I didn't like her at all. I thought she was loud and obnoxious but somehow she won me over. I usually have very shitty luck with girls. I like them but they think I'm lame or something but she was different. She liked the stuff I did, thought I was cool, she called me handsome which no one outside of my family has ever done.

She was super cute too , like painfully pretty. I have no idea why she even hung around us sometimes. Everyone she hugged me it was like a shocked through my body. This often led to boners. Well anytime she touched me I felt that and it felt right.

This all ended on a Thursday in march. I was talking to a friend(same one) about we all liked her (cuz we kinda did) and then he mentioned that she had a boyfriend. My whole body Was shaking I felt like my world ending. I listened to some music to fit the mood (nirvana) and just sat there. He talked me through it and felt OK after an hour or so. I've talked to her since and said how I felt. I do think she liked but couldn't do anything because of her boyfriend.

I actually asked her if she would kiss me if she didn't have a boyfriend and she said yes. We haven't talked in like a year or so.

conquincidencely she was bi. I'm not sure if I'm afraid to be bi. I'm OK with saying the label but being attracted to another guy is scary. I haven't felt that spark or feeling with anyone either sex since her. I check a lot but I just haven't felt that spark. I guess I'm a little afraid of feeling it for a guy.

Oh all this happened early 2013 when I was 15.

---------- Post added 30th Jul 2015 at 03:49 AM ----------

I also worry that I only like girls aestheticly.

11. Lyana

I think it's very unlikely you only like girls aesthetically, given what you just wrote about this girl. Sounds like you had a very intense crush on her and a decent amount of sexual attraction to her. Don't worry about that. Actually, don't worry about anything -- even if you did like girls only aesthetically, where would the problem be?

12. Theshreks

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Honestly if I did I don't know where the problem would be. It might be hard at first but I'm sure I wouldn't care after a while. I feel I shouldn't or can't count what I felt for her because it happened a while back and it was before I really started questioning. Two months before to be exact. I'm a worry wort I can't help it. I might also have mild to moderate anxiety but I'm not sure.

I guess I worry a lot because I don't get boners for girls as much as I used to. It just looks normal to me now I guess.

#12 Theshreks, Jul 30, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
  13. Theshreks

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
  14. Lyana

I can't tell you whether your attractions to girls count or not. You're the only one who can figure that out.

The thing is, whether you're gay, straight, or bi, it's not a cause for concern. You worry about not being attracted to girls, but really, if you aren't, it isn't a problem. If you are? Not a problem.

15. Theshreks

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So I should basically calm down and go with the flow? That's hard for me.

16. Theshreks

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    It's just the uncertainty that scared me so much. I don't know where I'm gonna end up.

17. Honest4You

Honest4You Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Just because you don't get excited over girls as you once use to doesn't mean your attraction towards girls is insignificant, sometimes bisexuals are more drawn to one gender or the other at a certain time throughout their life. You also mentioned having some degree of emotional attraction towards your crush so it's not purely physical as you mentioned. As for what I gathered about how you feel about guys very little was said. I'm guessing you find guys physical and emotionally attractive likewise?

18. Theshreks

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Honestly I don't know how I feel about guys. The only experience I have is sexting on chat apps. I've never had a crush a guy I don't think. Tho I may have had a crush on a male friend and not known.

I do remember being 14 and staring at a new kid that came in. I was staring hard (which for me usually means I like you to some degree) I thought he was cute I guess. I felt it but I didn't know that's what it was because I thought I was straight. I become friends with that kid and I didn't feel anything for him once that happened.

19. Honest4You

Honest4You Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well just because you find another dude good looking doesn't mean you're into guys. Have you ever been sexually attracted to guys?

20. Theshreks

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Like "oh he's hot I'd fuck him?" Not in real life. Not online either really. I think lots of guy are attractive but it usually never goes that far. Well I've thought about having sex with a friend.