1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not Fully Comfortable with My Orientation

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by MysteriousMadam, Jul 25, 2015.

1. MysteriousMadam

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey everyone :slight_smile: I hope you're all okay.
    I have a stupid concern that I want to bring to the table. I hope I don't offend other bisexual users on here, but this has been something that has been on my heart for a while (my brain thinks it's stupid btw). I'm not sure if this would be considered a legitimate problem here but I would still like to see what you say about it, if you choose to answer of course.

I'm bisexual, and I know that I'm bisexual. I like guys and girls. I'm Kinsey scale #4, which is basically bisexual. My attraction to girls is more sexual and my attraction to guys is more romantic, so I'm more heteromantic and homosexual. I remember wanting a boyfriend, but now I really want a girlfriend. I don't really like the idea of being bisexual, to be honest. Some days I'm fine with it and embrace it, but a lot of the time I do have difficulty with it. I kind of feel like I can't pick a side sometimes. Sometimes I like boys more one day, and then other days I like girls more. I know sexuality is fluid but I'm the type of person who wants to be in control of things and who wants to know everything at all times. Sometimes I like guys sexually and I like girls romantically. I feel really wishy-washy and I don't like how it's not 50/50. Sometimes I wish could lean more towards one side like I used to. I used to have a preference for girls and be a bit more on the lesbian side. But then I realized that I like guys a lot more than I thought so that wouldn't be so true anyway. I'm not really sure how to describe it properly, I guess I don't like how fluid my sexual/romantic orientation is.
    I'm not sure what you guys could say to this, or even make of it. But it's been making me feel a bit uncomfortable and unsteady for a while...and it's better to just admit it and try to get help, I suppose.

Hope you have a nice day :grin:

2. sierpinski

Hi. I can understand how you feel, and you shouldn't think it's stupid, I think it's important we give our feelings consideration and question them.

First of all I have to say I think it's quite common for people to make the mistake of just choosing a side. I'm not saying choosing is wrong, but that there are many people who want to just be sure, or don't want to say they find both equally attractive, because they're afraid of being called bicurious. Personally I feel attracted to women mainly, but I can't deny guys interest me, even if I can't imagine having a relationship with a guy, probably because I'm still young.

All in all I think you should see the fact you feel attracted to both as a great oppurtunity: It's like, you love humans in general, you just have to find a human to fall in love with, and when you do, what does it matter whether it's a girl or guy?

I hope this could help.