1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I've (habitually) always considered my self straight until now

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by CatPW, Jul 26, 2015.

1. CatPW

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'm a 21 year old female. I've have always considered myself straight, although I can distinctly remember in high school questioning whether or not bisexual might be a "thing" for me. I've never discounted the idea and I'm a firm believer that sexuality is fluid.

Now I'm beginning to wonder if I'm not actually bisexual.
    It's only been within the past year and a half that I've grown into my sexuality in any sense. For a time line of sorts, I can remember about a year and a half ago having an erotic dream involving my roommate at the time-who has since come out as lesbian.
    I lost my virginity, to a man, slightly over a year ago.
    I can only remember the three dreams I'm writing about now in terms of erotic dreams.
    Within the past year, I remember one dream where I was with a man but where the details all seemed to be fuzzy. Then, I had a dream that I was sleeping with a male coworker of mine, and in the dream, closed my eyes and upon reopening them, my male coworker has morphed and I suddenly realized I was actually engaging with one of my female coworkers.

I've also had a threesome that included myself, my boyfriend at the time, and a mutual friend that is openly bisexual. There was alcohol involved but I typically have a fairly good grasp on whether or not the decision I may make is wrong...
    Initially I was opposed--mostly bc this other girl not only has a reputation for being kind of manic, but she had also just broken up with a guy that I had to work with 5 days a week.
    I won't deny though that, even though I've only slept with men since, I enjoyed myself that night and she got me much much closer to orgasm than any man ever had.

Like I said, I've only been with men since, and I feel like the large majority of the time, I notice men.
    FAST FORWARD
    to my current situation.
    About a month ago, I met this girl that works at the bar a few doors down from the cafe I work in. The first day I met her, I knew I wanted to get to know her, at least in the friendly sense. But we only talked about 10 min that day.a few days later, she came in the cafe where I work and about ten minutes after she left, a light bulb suddenly went off in my head that 1. I was physically attracted to her 2. I'd handled the conversation/transaction the exact same way I would have if it had been a cute guy on the other side of the counter 3. I was not only physically attracted to her but I always seriously wanted to get to know her.

Within the past week or so, I have opened up to a few mutual friends about my crush on her --all of whom now I have a tendency to be a scaredy cat because of my ability to WAY over analyze and over think things. This in mind, I think one of them (who has a second job working at the bar where my crush works) thought they were only helping the situation by telling this girl I liked her. M
    Granted, I'm kind of glad she knows. But I feel like I lost a big chunk of time that I was using to sort this all out in my head, and now I find myself distancing myself a bit because, frankly, I think a) I'm kind of terrified and b) I don't know if she is now expecting me to make a move and c) I'm scared in a way of getting too close to her bc given that I consider myself to be "questioning" now, the overanalytical part of me is afraid I'd "change my mind" and end up hurting her.
    She and I have been kind of inseparable for quite a few days but I feel myself emotionally pulling back (something I do often; I don't let people get close to me usually)

In one of my many, very long talks with her, I very briefly and in an undefined manner addressed my sexuality. ("I've never labeled myself bisexual but I've never discounted it/ I've been with a women but mostly men"/(without ever directly saying I was talking about her) "I think one of my biggest harbors fears is meeting a woman and having her think that she is my "college experiment"
    Basiclly I would never want to hurt this girl, I was trying to let her know that I'm afraid my questioning-state-of-being could possibly one day hurt her.
    I don't want to distance myself from her, but it is second nature for me to do that to anyone I start to get close with in order to avoid pain.
    I'm not sure what else to add...
    But I'm mostly looking for advice/thoughts or any clarity you might be able to help me find.

2. confusedlost

confusedlost Guest

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Woo it sounds like you're really bisexual. So you shouldn't worry about hurting the girl. Also if she is your college experience oh well. Just be honest let her know what's on your mind and try to be in a relationship with her. But like I said be honest and let her know how you feel

3. CatPW

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I plan to, when the times right, be completely honest about it.
    Honestly though I think I'm bisexual but hearing it from someone else makes it, I don't know, more real? I feel like without that, I just doubt myself into submissuon