1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questioning now

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Libra Neko, Jul 26, 2015.

1. Libra Neko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Most of my life I've identified as bi, but recently I've been thinking I'm a lesbian because in general, men don't do it for me. However, there are exceptions and the thought of having sex with a man is appealing if I love who he is. I've had a lot of crushes and even obsessions with men and boys. But in general, there are things I hate about men; perhaps it's anger at my dad driving that.
    So I'm not sure.

2. Nelly1

Out Status:
    Some people
    A lot of lesbians/gays identify as bisexual before taking the leap, so to speak.
    What really helped me was reading up and looking at others experiences and how they view their sexual orientation. I think it's natural that your orientation should change over time, and I doubt everyone is 100% gay, because it's so non-specific. I struggle just the same, and I'm constantly analysing things in my head despite knowing the answer!
    You don't have to rush to come out just yet; remind yourself that if you've come out as bi, then you can still date women without having to explain yourself to your loved ones.

3. Libra Neko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What I'm actually doing is questioning the idea of being gay. I think I might be biromantic but sort of asexual, being as that sex doesn't interest me much. I thought that must be because of being gay; but it isn't. I don't feel a burning need to have sex with a woman either.

4. Nelly1

Out Status:
    Some people
    I used to feel the same, accept I think that was due to age and the fact I wasn't very well educated on sex between two women. I very much get the attraction and curiosity, but I'm not in a rush to light the spark, so to speak. I would look up more information on asexuality, I once read an article on the BBC news website that makes it very easy to understand, although I think the beginning interview is more what I'm referring to: What is it like to be asexual? - BBC News

Just remember that you don't have to rush into things. I don't think she'd appreciate me saying this, but someone I know has been with her boyfriend two and a half years now, she identifies as bisexual but has never had sex with with her partner. She feels no desire to, and her boyfriend doesn't seem to care either. They cuddle and sometimes kiss, they live together but never felt the need to take it beyond that.

5. Libra Neko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have had sexual experiences with a guy and a girl. I'm in no panic to have more experiences; I like being single too because it means I can be selfish and private.