1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Too old to move on as a lesbian? Happy and not.

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Lostlove, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Lostlove

So here are my issues (like a typical woman I got lots of them..lol) It's complicated and the story is long.... I have been attracted sexually for as long as I can remember. I have always been comfortable with it and have called myself "Bisexual". I have had relationships with both men and women most of my adult life.
    1. I don't think I am Bisexual. I don't find men sexually attractive. I have dated them because I enjoy being around them. I can find women really annoying at times so, I find myself enjoying the company of men but, not sexually attracted to them

2. I am married. I have been married for 10 years. and I love my husband. I just do not enjoy or want to have sex with him. The reason I started dating him in the first place is because I enjoy his company. He and I are so much alike, it's almost like he's my twin. To this day, I still enjoy his company. I trust & care for him. He is a good husband. But, I NEVER want to have sex with him. We haven't have sex in years (literally). He's good looking for a man. But I just an not interested.

3. Recently an ex-girlfriend "friended me" on facebook. Not to go into to many details, but I "let her go" because her career and mine were going completely different directions. But I never really stopped caring about her. I enjoyed everything about her and have regretted for a VERY long time not leaving my job and following her.

Now these feelings are back. But, time has long past so it's not really an issue of lost love but, lost loving.... I miss sexual relations. I miss the touch of a woman. I miss the caress of a woman. I miss the soft lips of a woman... I feel guilty because I knew when I got married that sexually, I was not attracted to men. But I thought our extreme companionship would make up for what was not there sexually. and for the most part it has. I have a "toy". But, now I just don't know. Do I give up all the good of our relationship so I can persue something so superficial as sex? I am not sure I consider our marriage a mistake either. I wouldn't give up the happiness we had for the past 10 years for anything. But can I continue to live without sex? Is sex that important?
    I am just so confused and need clarity! God help me I need clarity.
    -lost love